Pan¡c

━━━━•♠•━━━━

(UNEDITED)

𝕿𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 we were. You and I, tangled together in a very calming and soothing yet tight embrace.

Earlier, I could have sworn you hated me and did not want anything to do with me but then, you took me by surprise and took me in your arms. You surely are interesting, stranger.

You look so mysterious and yet easy to read. I am really scared of looking your way, ashamed of you possibly seeing me staring but then, I have nothing else to do really. You were staring at me for a while, couldn't I do the same ? Would I be granted this chance ?

I hope you know it but, I want nothing but to feel accepted except of denied and rejected, so even if you and your friends seem a little scary, I will do anything in my power to make you appreciate me, so I can stay with all of you. It can't be worse than this crazy orphanage anyways.

Please just don't let me go and don't leave me alone, because I will not be able to bear being all by myself anymore.

I decided to go for it and look your way, surprised to find you with your eyes closed, long eyelashes brushing against the highs of your cheeks, creating a light shadow.

Ah, were you finally sleeping ? Staring at people surely is tiring after all... I chuckled, seeing your face squished against your forearm, your sharp jawline still standing out.

But all of it quickly stopped and vanished the moment you opened your eyes and got back to staring. I gasped lightly, taken aback a little, and apologized for waking you up in your precious sleep.

You surely are a light sleeper.

JUNGKOOK's POV

Ah, did you think I was sleeping ?

No, I never do. At least, not anymore. I had just closed my eyes to make you think I was, in order for you to relax and not think I was too weird or too much of a creep.

I must admit I stared pretty hard, that must have made you quite uncomfortable.

I wasn't sleeping but yet your little chuckle was what caught me. It was so light and pure.

And then you apologized again, saying how sorry you were for troubling my sleep, while really I was just pretending.

It's like, you were so scared of disappointing me, of annoying me or making me look down at you.

Do you ever stop apologizing ?

Right after that question popped up in my head, as if on cue, you spoke words again, but this time, not apologies.

"You don't seem to sleep a lot..." you said in a whisper, as if afraid of my reaction. I looked up, eyes locking with yours, waiting for you to go on, my face still expressionless.

"D-do you have n-nightmares too ?" you pursued

At first, I didn't know what to answer and took a quick second to think of an answer, but then I remembered, I can't talk.

So I just nodded slightly my head in approval, although I did not sleep because it was in my nature not to, not because of nightmares. I thought about it very fast and concluded it would be better to put you in trust and make you feel like you could relate to me, so I pretended I had nightmares troubling my nights, preventing me from sleeping.

"Yeah-- they suck huh ? I always had nightmares...very dark ones at that. I was always alone, and at the orphanage, everybody was scared of me so no one would help me. They just let me have panic attacks randomly and wait for it to go away..." last words in a whisper