Chapter 18. Surprise birthday party

He was running through the woods, chasing her. Her strawberry blonde curls were bouncing on her shoulders and back. She kept looking behind every now and then with a huge angelic smile on her face. He extended his hand, increasing his pace and finally managed to grab her by the wrist, and pull her towards him. Her hazel eyes met his. Her golden skin glistened in the sunlight which penetrated through the thick shadowy leaves ruffled by the cool breeze. He caressed her smooth cheeks with his thumbs, imbibing her ethereal beauty. Her hands rested on his chest feeling his abnormal heart beat.

"You came for me," her words soothed his ears, like honey.

"Alzena," his hands traveled through her long, smooth curls.

"Aiden," she whispered.

Aiden jolted up from his bed, whipping away the beads of sweat traveling down his forehead.

"Aiden, you all right buddy?" Charlie asked.

It was a beautiful dream. Aiden nodded, panting.

"It was about her, wasn't it?"

Yes, it was exactly about her. But Aiden didn't want to talk about it. After all, his friends didn't believe him.

"I believe you, okay?" Charlie said.

"Do you, now?" Aiden smirked, his eyes scanning Charlie's face in disbelief.

"I do, and I apologize for being such a jerk and making fun of you." Charlie confessed.

"Why the sudden change of mind, may I ask?" Aiden questioned him curiously.

"I just trust you. That's all," Charlie said. They were dragged out of the conversation by a sudden interruption.

"Guys!!Guys!!!" Jason and Boon whisper yelled, clicking the door behind them.

"Wake up! Wake up!!" they demanded.

"It better be something important," Nathan groaned in his sleep. Ezra was already up, scanning the room in utter confusion.

Jason went to Joseph's bed and yanked the sheets, inviting a loud groan from Joseph, "Why are you waking me up at such an ungodly hour?" he asked sitting up, rubbing his face.

Marshall squinted at the little clock on the bed side table. It was 11:58 PM.

"It isn't midnight yet. Stop complaining," Jason scowled.

"Wake up, sleepy head," Boon tickled Owen to wake him up and instead got a blow on his cheek when Owen flailed his arms in panic.

Jason went over to Natalie's bed. He tugged her arm "Wake up, bud."

"Go away, Marshmallow," she croaked, without opening her eyes. She was sleeping on her stomach, an arm hanging down her bed.

"It's Jason," he corrected.

"Okay, go away Jason," she whined, still not opening her eyes.

"Please?" he pleaded.

"Okay," she groaned, before getting up and sitting on the bed, her legs dangling by its side.

"Okay guys listen! We are throwing a surprise birthday party!" Jason announced to the whole dorm excitedly. 

"Whose birthday is it?" Natalie asked, stifling a yawn.

"Mine, duh!" he grinned.

Natalie open her eyes wide, staring at Jason in disbelief, "How come it's a surprise birthday party then?"

"Yeah dude, you are right here," Marshall gave him an amused look.

"It's a surprise for you and a birthday party for me," Jason rolled his eyes, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.