Part 3

After a few hours the toxic saliva from the Olgoi-Khorkhoi was out of her system and the once clear water was now a cloudy pink. I help her out of the bath , clean and stitch her gash and help her to bed. I monitor her for a couple of minutes before going down the hall past my room and into the lab. I gather some supplies before going back into the bathing quarters. There it was laying on the floor, its red scaly exoskeleton had cracked a little, tentacles around his mouth now sprawled out. I grab some tweezers and carefully put the worm like creature into the test tube.
How could I have missed that, over a stupid game, Martha nearly lost her life because I was so careless.
      These thoughts run through my mind as I take the long walk down the hall into the lab. As examine the Olgoi-Khorkhoi I hear a low scraping sound coming from a window at the end of the room. Hesitantly I look, and slithering down the window what I assume to be the mother of the creature in the tube. I watch as the long monstrosity makes its way down the wall.

The the glass tube in my head begins to get intensely warm. I look down and realize I was no longer holding a creature in a tube but creature that had ingested the tube from the inside out. I attempt to open my hand, but the pain was too much to bare. I did the only thing I could do in this moment I squeeze my hand with all my might. A loud squeal escaped from the Olgoi-Khorkhoi before an indescribable pain shoots up my leg I, the mother beast was latched on and isn't letting up. I look around the room frantically. At the opposite end of the room sat the bottle of alcohol. With all the strength I had left I hobbled across the room dragging along the Olgoi-Khorkhoi. When I make it to the other side I use my right hand and grab the alcohol and pour it all over me, and into my left hand that now displayed soft tissue and muscle. I don't know if the  sight of what use to be my hand made me feel queasy, or the toxins from the Olgoi-Khorkhoi but the room began to darken around me and I collapse.