Part 5

Each word that she said hit me like a ton of bricks. I look up to see Lucas just standing there in confusion. He said nothing.

A few hours past and Lucas walked into the room. He avoided eye contact with me. "Is she really gone?" I asked, He doesn't say anything, he just continued to change my wrap. "Is she really gone!"

He flinches, then sighs before he starts to say " Well it's been about 8 years since the Olgoi-Khorkhoi have resurfaced and began killing people. No one has found a way to save people that have been attacked. The poison that is produced by this creature is nothing like we have ever seen."

"Stop beating around the bush and just say it, is she gone, yes or no?" I began to sob afraid of what he might say. "Whatever you gave her after her encounter reversed the reaction and the doctors are stomped. And since they have never witnessed this they are afraid of what might happens when she wakes up. So when she woke up when she first got here, they seen her face and immediately put her in a medically induced coma."

Shocked I just stare at him. He continues to check my vitals.

"Why am I not in a coma?" I asked

He takes a deep breath before saying "Because just a few hours ago you were pronounced dead."

I felt a knot form in my throat.

He finishes up everything and before he leaves my room he asks "What did you use to reverse the reaction?"

"Rubbing alcohol and baking soda."

He stands there a few seconds

"Are you sure" Lucas asked
I tilt my head "yes"
"Well because when we searched your house there only baking soda and sulfuric acid. He said and he walks out.

     What did I just do. my father told me they would find out sooner or later. I should have never kept that strange egg. I shouldn't have kept all those secrets. If I had just listened ¾ of the population could have still been here.