6

** Continued violence warning**

I woke up with ropes holding my arms and legs together. I couldn't move and I had tape over my mouth. I felt the cold bed of my truck under me. I screamed and it was muffled and I looked around. The man who I helped into the gas station was limp next to me, he didn't seem to be breathing. I closed my eyes and felt tears stain my cheeks again. 

The truck came to a halt and I tried to look around frantically. The man from the station opened the tailgate and pulled the man out first. He fell to the ground with no resistance and I heard a thud. He grabbed my legs and pulled me out of the truck bed. I fought back against him but froze when I saw Thomas on the porch. I closed my eyes and felt tears rushing. I was crying profusely. 

Thomas walked over to us and looked at the man and then me. "You got a feisty one here Tommy, had to knock her out once already." he said, jerking the ropes holding my hands back so I was facing Thomas. I looked at him through teary eyes and I saw anger flood his face, or what his mask didn't cover. 

Thomas walked closer and held a hand out, brushing past what I assumed was a growing bruise on my temple. Anger flashed in his eyes and he hit the man hard. He went down without a second gone by, knocked out cold. I began falling as my ankles were tied tightly together. Thomas caught me and sat me on the tailgate of the truck. He grabbed a knife from his belt and cut the ropes holding me bound. He then carefully removed the duct tape from my mouth. 

I sat on the tailgate whimpering and staring between him and the knife in his hand. He noticed this and put it away. "T-Thomas, you h-h-hurt him." I said through crying. He nodded and stood in front of me. I tried not to look at him. He went from the man I use to know to the insane killer that was here and now. I did not know what to do. 

I shifted uncomfortably and he jumped like he was going to have to catch me before I ran. I leaned back and took a long look at him. "You aren't going to let me leave are you?" I asked through gritted teeth. He shook his head and his eyes were weary and sorry. I nodded and he watched me for a second. 

I didn't have the keys to the truck and I knew he would probably catch me but my best bet was making a run for it. I stayed on the truck until he decided to try to pick the man up off the ground. I kicked him in the shoulder, causing him to fall. I then pushed myself off the truck and began sprinting through the yard and onto the road. I could hear him behind me. I didn't want to look back but I felt him closing in. 

I stopped running. I stood there facing away from him and he stopped running and walked up behind me. I was still crying and was shaking with fear and anger. He grabbed my arm harshly and jerked me backwards. I walked with him past the two men on the ground and onto the porch. He stopped before swinging open the door to the house. 

It was dark and dirty. Not unhealthily dirty but you could tell he didn't go out of his way to clean up. He pulled a cuff with a chain off the counter and cuffed my wrist to it. The chain was connected to the baseboard of the wall, there was no getting out without him knowing. He stared at me and I sunk down against the cabinet, sitting on the ground with my arm above my head. Captive.