Do Not Speak

****

So sorry i took so long off, i had my IGCSE's to write and i know its totally my fault for starting a book at this time in my life but i felt like there would never be a good time if i decided to wait. Anyway, my graduation is in two months time so hopefully after that, i will be more frequent and have more time on my hands to edit the previous chapters and just make you happier in general.

****

Athena(POV);

My fingers anxiously folded and unfolded the piece of paper multiple times. More times than i can remember actually. In a way, i was just trying to calm my nerves. How could i have been so stupid? I literally just met the guy and there i went getting all emotionally teary eyed and aroused in front of him! I swear to god i was so embarrassed i could die right where i sat, lord!

My fingers trembled at the thought. I'm not really sure, but i think that warrants some kind of divine punishment?

I was so deep in my thoughts with my head on the table and all, that i didn't even notice that my coffee had arrived until the young waiter tapped me on my right shoulder.

"Hello?" The young and noticeably tanned man greeted. The first thing that struck me about this man was, bite me, his eyes. They were the most beautiful eyes i had ever seen in my life. Traditionally, i would expect his eyes to be brown and they were, but this particular shade and texture of brown was just unbelievable. They were so pale! so pale and yet they seemed so deep, i could literally see the radial muscles in his eyes contract. No jokes.

He just smiled and rolled his eyes. I think. I was too far gone to even notice properly. Most likely used to this kind of reaction, he cleared his throat, which immediately brought me back to focus with a quick snap of my mouth, and pointed out to me the cup of coffee on the table.

"Uh, yes, yes, of course thank you." I mumbled, embarrassed all over again. Jeez what was wrong with me today?

He just laughed, his right hand going behind his wildly tamed curls while his other hand remained behind my chair. And just allow me to say wow okay? His laugh sounded so free and so controlled at the same time, it just worked.

"Dont worry, I'm used to it." he waved off. I just smiled sheepishly taking a sip of my coffee, of course he caught me staring...

"Do you like them?" he mocked, instigating. My cheeks heated,lord why me?

"Yeah, i mean they're nice so..." What the hell was that? Why oh why cant i just be cool? I placed my left hand over my forehead in silent mortification.

Guy just laughed at me, perfect cherry on top. I just cleared my throat.

"Yes, so if that is all..." I curtly stated, praying for that to be over already.

"Yes," he chuckled "That will be all." His eyes still held a smile in them as he made his way back behind the counter as he disappeared past a door in the back.

As soon as i was done with my coffee, i fetched my wallet from my purse and placed the cash on the table. I swiftly got up and walked up to the counter where mystery guy magically appeared behind.

"Hey," I greeted, my eyes skimming through the goodies on display, "Could i have four of these cupcakes?" They were red velvet, Ethan would love them.

"Sure," he skillfully placed the cupcakes in a flowery package and handed the box to me. I decide to get two chocolate and two red velvet. The chocolate ones especially for Pen.

"Thank you. Hold on, lemme get the..." I commented as i reached a hand into my purse to get the money.

"Oh, there's no need for that. Its on the house." He grinned while pushing the box towards me even more. My eyes widened a fraction.

"Really? Why?" It couldn't be because...

"I know a bad day when i see one, trust." he replied.

"Oh, no really. Its actually a very funny story if you just-" He chuckled,

"Its okay really, i already spoke with the manager it fine we do it all the time." Well, okay then.

I thought maybe he just felt bad for me for whatever reason and just decided to pay for my stuff. Now that would be bad.

My humiliation wasn't a calamity, it was an everyday thing. Trust!

"Oh, okay thank you then I guess I'll be on my way..." I smiled and reached out to fetch the box from his slightly outstretched hands. I squinted my eyes, trying to get ahold of his name tag...Sir. That's literally all it says.

"Sir?" I half questioned. His eyes glinted with mischief as he simply nodded his head, he looked to be on the verge of laughter. I've know this guy for the whole of thirty minutes or so and I'm already a joke to him. My high school reputation proceeds me, perfect.

I nodded my head as well and walked out of café with my hands full. The ride home was uneventful and as i pulled up on the driveway, i noticed a black car which undoubtedly belonged to Ethan. Great, at least i had someone to vent all of this frustration on.

****

Hello guys, please enjoy this short chapter, many more chapters will be coming your way.

Who was that guy and why was his name sir?

What is on that paper?

Thughts? Predictions? Theories? laughs?