Do Not Fret

Athena (POV)

"So you're telling me, that you of ALL people got to meet THE Jarred Diaz?! And on top of that, you met some hot ass Alpha Male hunk with the worlds prettiest eyes who also happened to buy you cupcakes for the fun of it?" Ethan glared at me with narrowed eyes, mouth stuffed with the delicious red velvet cake.

I rolled my eyes, already knowing where he was going with this. My "friends" always have a hard time believing me whenever i tell them anything remotely interesting. Being friends with me, they've long learned the wisdom of only believing it when they see it. Its frustrating at times but its not like i can really blame them or anything, the fact that i cant control it is no excuse, i did this to myself.

"Don't roll your eyes at me little girl, you know the rules, prove it." I set my lips in a straight line.

"I cant prove the second one right now..." His gaze turned skeptical. Whenever my friends look at me like that, i always feel like I've disappointed them in some way. My heart started to race, Its a terrible feeling...

"B-but i can prove the first one! I swear, let me just-" I started to panic as i walked towards the kitchen. I grabbed my bag off the kitchen counter, scavenging through the content till i found the pink sticky note , the back of my eyes stung as i rushed. I hate this feeling...

"Hey!" Ethan came rushing over as i almost tripped over myself trying to give him the sticky note. He held onto my arm to steady me back to an upright position.

"Hey," he smiled his Ethan smile. "I believe you okay? There's no need to commit suicide because of me." He chuckled, successfully irritating me in the process. I shoved him away from me, giving him a hissing sound for good measure.

"You're so annoying!" I laughed with him. "But yeah, I'm not lying. That's the note that the asshole gave me. I haven't opened it yet. "

"Why not?" Ethan asked, taking the piece of paper from my fingers. We walked back to the couch and took our seats. Me sitting directly in front of Ethan on the coffee table.

"I was about to when, and i quote, a hot ass Alpha Male hunk approached me with my coffee."

"Uh-huh..." I watched as he carefully unraveled the little pink note...

Don't tempt me little one.

Naniiii?!?!

Ethan doubled over in laughter! His lips stretched wide as he wheezed air in and out of his lungs. I'm pretty sure the sound of his laughter echoed throughout the neighborhood. I just stood there dumbfounded, unsure of what to even think. What the hell?! Wait...

What?!

Was I missing something? Surely that wasn't meant for me??

Just as Ethan was recovering that was when my brain was starting to process it. And let me tell you something! Damn did it feel good! So i wasn't the only one checking him out?! Eeeee! but wait, what if i actually end up getting the job?? Then what?? Office romance??

My life isn't some Wattpad cliché, it'll never work out!

Or maybe I'm just overthinking things? He probably meant not to temp him to kick me out of the building. Yeah! That must be it. Stupid me, getting my hopes all up. There's no way THE Jarred Diaz was checking me out. There's just no way...

Right?

Those were the thoughts that kept me up all night even after Ethan stole Penny's cupcakes and left. She never did make it today. I wonder what happened, maybe i should call her...

Actually never mind, Penny has been ditching us a lot these past couple of days. Just because she got herself a man her friends don't matter anymore. I really dont want to believe that to be true but shes not really giving us much of a choice, she didn't even call to ask me how my interview went and she knows exactly how long I've been dreaming of this interview for.

Whatever, i dont need her to be happy for me anyway! Ugh.

At least i have Ethan with me, he'll never abandon me for some guy he just met two weeks ago.

I hope...

*******

Finally, another short chapter done. Hope you like it. As a side note, i'd like to mention that i wrote the first two or three chapters of this book when i was 13... or was that 14?? Anyway, i didn't really have much of a vision for this book AT THE MOMENT and id like to make a few changes to go with my NEW vision for this book.

Reply to this text right now if you want a character list or im just gonna do it anyways! Lmaoo