Chapter 1: Gayle Arts High School

~Annaliese's Point of View~

"Annaliese, wake up.", she whispered into my ear and started patting my shoulder lightly, "It's already 4:31.", I shot right up and gave my mom a good morning kiss.

"Good morning, Mama."

She widened her eyes and could not believe that I was already up, "You're surprisingly easy to wake up today."

I smiled from ear-to-ear and gave her a big hug, "Thank you so much Mama.", she responded by hugging me back. I didn't even need an alarm clock to wake up today; I was too excited for my first day at Gayle Arts High School. But before going to school, it was my daily routine to go grocery shopping.

You see, we own a 24-hr restaurant and I help my mom out, by doing the grocery shopping and cooking my specialty, the Spicy Seafood and Chicken Ramyeon. She's been raising me by herself since I was about 6 years old, as for dad, I don't really know where he went and whenever I ask mom, she responds by saying she doesn't know as well.

I slid on my jacket, hopped into my sneakers and I was all set to go. "Boopie, it's time to take a walk.", I called out and a cute husky pounced at me and he started waving his tail non-stop. "Oh, you missed me that much?", I grabbed him and we went outside.

I love walking at this time of the day, I don't only get to enjoy the morning breeze of the countryside, but I can also see the beautiful sunrise. I was so in love with the beauty of nature, but there's something else that makes every morning walk special.

"Oh, there he is.", I mumbled. At the other side of the street, there was a guy coming from the opposite direction, it was his daily routine to jog at this time of day. It's not like I'm a stalker or anything, but usually, people are still sleeping during this time, so it was not that hard to remember him.

But, the creepy thing is, I knew his name, "Dylan Lee.", I said softly, he's not just the guy who I see jogging during dawn, but he's also a regular customer at our ramen shop, and he loves, I mean really really loves my Spicy Seafood and Chicken Ramyeon. He orders it every day, it's amazing that someone can eat the same thing over and over again, I mean, even though it was delicious, he was bound to get tired of it. But, surprisingly, he never gets tired of eating the food I cook.

Oh...and one more thing. I like him. A lot.

As I reached the market, I was practically laughing at myself, how could I like someone I barely know anything about, it was absurd and completely weird. But, I have to admit, he was really hot. His skin was so pale and his lips were as red as a strawberry's, which were greatly complemented by his jet-black hair. He's really slim and tall, but the best part about him is his face.

Damn!

He is by far the prettiest boy I know, if I were to stand beside him, I'd look like a potato for sure.

My daydreaming was interrupted by a loud greeting, "Oh, good morning Annaliese!", she said enthusiastically, "We have fresh shrimp and octopus today. Would you like to buy some? They're fresh from the ocean."

I brushed aside a strand of red hair from my face and stared at the shrimp, "Waa~ the shrimp is still moving! They really are fresh!", I said flashing Ms. Davis my signature smile, she is a close friend of mom and my favorite vendor.

"Will you be buying some?"

I nodded, "Definitely! I only want the best for our shop.", I searched the market for the best finds and soon returned home.

"Boopie, you stay here for a while okay?", I said as I detached the leash from his collar, he started running around crazy in the backyard. As for me, I ran straight for the kitchen, "Mama, I'm here!"