Chapter 3: Feelings

"I told you so! You can finally move on Dylan.", Alex teased, "Why not date Annaliese?"

He brushed it off with a laugh, "You up for it Nutcracker?"

I knew he was kidding but what the heck, I might never get a chance like this again, "Sure! How about you?"

"Is this really happening?", Louis commented.

But before he could give his reply I said, "Just kidding! Hahaha. You're never going to get any of this.", the three of them laughed at me.

He then placed his hand over my shoulder, "You're pretty cool Nutcracker. I like it.", we spent the rest of the day chatting and teasing each other. On my way out numerous students approached me thinking that I was Kathleen. I bet Kathleen was a nice person because she seems to have lots of friends.

"Mom. I'm home.", the shop was packed with customers, I put my bag aside got an apron and helped my mom.

"Thanks baby, there are a lot of customers now that school has started.", she said, she was sweating bullets and she looked really tired.

"You know mom, you should really hire a helper or something.", she shrugged, "Okay, i'll go serve this."

"You look different. You did something new with your hair?", I smiled and said that a classmate did it for me, "Oh, by the way did you meet Dylan at school?"

My eyes widened, "You knew?!?", she snickered and pushed me to the dining hall, "I can't believe you, why didn't you tell me?", I went ahead and delivered the food, "One miso ramen, tempura and dumplings. Thank you for your continued patronage."

"Excuse me miss, are you new here?", a student asked me.

I shook my head, "Me? No, we own the place. Is there a problem sir?"

"I'm a regular here and it's my first time seeing you here.", he then held out his hand, "My name is Kyle, just call me Kyle, no need to call me sir.", his friends cooed.

I was dumb founded, i've seen this guy a million times and it's he first time he's talked to me, I didn't want to embarrass him so I shook his hand, "Annaliese, nice meeting you Kyle.", I let go of his hand and went back to the kitchen, "That was weird."

After the peak hours ended mom kept on pestering me about Dylan, but I just ignored her and went to sleep.  The next day I did my everyday routine, but this time when Dylan passes by I could finally say 'hi' to him, "Boopie, how do I look? Do I look okay?"

And just like everyday, he was taking his morning jog, I waved my hand as wide as I could for him to notice me, he rushed to my side of the road.

"Is there a problem mi...", he blinked a few times, "Nutcracker?!?"

"Yah! I have a name.", I protested.

He started laughing, "Man, you really are weird. Why would you walk you dog at this time of night? Can't you do it in the afternoon?", he asked numerous questions, "And Louis even teased me that I might be seeing a ghost."

"Walking my dog? I'm not walking my dog.", why in the hell would I walk my dog in the middle of the night.

"Then what? Oh my god, are you a vampire searching for an easy victim?", he teased.