Chapter 8.50-THE RING

------------A/N---------

This is the ending of the special halloween chapter.

And the picture on the right is Kendall.

------------A/N--------

I sat down on a couch to catch my breath.

We had been partying for at least two hours by now and I was tired.

I stole a glance at the gorgeous ring Devin gave me.

Even in the dim light it sparkled.

It was his mother's, which means it could be really old. But more importantly, it represented our love, which bloomed so quickly.

"I love your costume!"called out a human girl as she danced by.

I had been getting compliments like that all night and I hope my beautiful Devin was getting them too.

"Excuse me? Excuse me everyone. We have the winners!"said Kendall, standing in the center by the mike proudly.

Kendall was my only true human friend, so I guess she's my best friend.

She's funny and sweet and at times a little odd. But I love her.

"The winners are, Devin and my bestie, Ari!"she called out as someone pushed me towards the center.

I blushed as Kendall hugged me, then hugged Devin, though not as fiercely, and handed us our prizes. I had won a certificate for $500 for any store in the Whitefield Mall and Devin had won a dinner for two at Scuzi's, which is a really delicious pizza place.

I grinned at him and knew I was going to get the most out of that dinner, considering he couldn't eat at all.

He stuck out his tongue as the party resumed.

Alice bounced over and said,"CONGRATS!"

I smiled and nodded, putting a scene of me asking if we could go into my family members' heads.

Instantaneously, they all appeared and we headed out the door.

"So can we go trick or treating? Even if we CAN"T have candy I want to go."whined Emmett.

My family considered and finally nodded.

"YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!"yelled Emmett racing towards the nearest house.

"Wow."said a voice behind me, grabbing my waist.

"I know. Isn't it scary?"I said turning around smiling up at Devin.

"Yeah. But let's go. We don't want to lose Emmett."he said laughing as we raced after Emmett.