Chapter 2. Wolf cub

I don't remember much about being young. I do remember about the time it would have been my first hunt with my siblings I was sitting at the entrance of our cave watching as they ran off on there hunt. my mom told me I was not ready cuz of my size. they were almost full grown and yet I was just a pup. I grew at a very slow pace for wolfs. mom became very protective of me. i was her little baby. she didn't want me to get hurt for my size. she would very rarely let me rough house with my sisters' cuz she was afraid there size differences would get me hurt

our pack began to grow as my sisters started to have there own litters. Id learn things as their pups would. but yet they still grew faster than me. my oldest sister was on her third litter of cubs by the time i was at the size to hunt.

as my sister's pups got older it would come to a point where the males would leave the pack as they are supposed to as yea my father as said if any of the other pups wanted to go with the males they could. he would always tell the males that it was their time to go out and make there own packs. to find their lifelong mates.

Saiomy and Zeomi were the only two of my sisters that didn't have any litters of pups. we found out that Zeomi couldn't have pups. her first litter was all stillborn.  from that day she hasn't been the same. Saiomy has refused to have pups she doesn't want her twin to feel pain cuz she cant have pups but her twin can.

every so often during the spring season, some of my sister's pups would pass through our region on migration following the migration of the other animals. some would stop and visit their moms and the rest of us. often one of the males would have there mate they wanted to have meet there mother. same with the gals. they often would have found there mates and wanted there mother to meet him.

id often wish i could go out and meet my mate but i don't think ill get to venture out of the pack anytime soon. fathers rule is once u leave the pack u cant rejoin. yes he lets us visit if we please but rejoining is like a crime to father.

Mom was really reluctant to let me hunt with my sister's cubs. But Suza convinced her everything would be alright. Even knows i was older then all of her cubs. i was one of the smallest of them.

hunting with them was odd. they worked well as a team. they didn't seem to happy about having me along with them. But with no thanks to them, I picked up hunting fairly easy.

i would go out and hunt on my own just so i could get more practice in. every once in a while id go to a hillside near the town and just look out. no people ever noticed me. id never veancher in to the town. iv been told stories of wolfs who have been shot for going in the town. as far as i know, they don't take kindly to outside wolfs.

but the funny thing is were the only pack in this region. this is our region. but every so often we hear other wolfs howling. my father always assumes its rouge wolves who are just wondering by. and don't know about our pack. he never goes ans checks on it.

iv gone once to check when father was not looking. the wolves that i seen were as big as my father. or maybe even bigger. i didn't stay long. one seemed to notice me so i had to run.  so i wouldn't be seen.

we have noticed the "rogue wolves" more often. i think there is a big pack nearby. Suza is the only one iv told about my assumption she told me not to say it to anyone else she thinks father would be very mad if he found out that i thought there were a lot more of the wolves out there.