Chapter 1- Explaining

NO ONES POV

"Hello.." He speaks.

"Sherlock.... are you alright?" Molly asked with extreme concern. She could obviously see that he didn't look so well.

"Perfectly fine, why do you ask?" He starts to collapse. John just barely got their in time to catch him, but doing so accidentally touching his back.

Sherlock hisses in pain. "Sherlock? What's wrong?" John asks as he is now more concerned than before.

"Put him on the couch and make him comfortable, then we can get started." Mycroft stated, not giving off any emotion.

As John drags Sherlock over to the couch John asks, "But he was going to explain himself as to why he faked his own bloody death!" John said while getting a little frustrated with the Holmes.

"Hopefully it will explain in the videos we are going to be watching." Uncertainty crosses John's face.

Mycroft puts in the disk and asks, "Ready?" "Yes," everyone replies beside Sherlock.

In a bedsit somewhere in London, John Watson is having a nightmare.

"John? Why are we seeing this?" Molly asks not wanting to see John's personal moments.

"I'm pretty sure this leads to how I met Sherlock." He explains.

He is reliving his Army days and his team is under fire somewhere abroad. A colleague cries out his name as the gunfire continues. Finally he jolts awake, distressed and panic-stricken.

He sits up in bed wide-eyed and breathing heavily until he realises that he is safe and a long way from the war. Flopping back onto his pillow, he tries to calm his breathing as he continues to be haunted by his memories. Eventually, unable to stop himself, he begins to weep.

"Aww poor John." Mrs. Hudson rubs John's arm.

Some time later he has sat up on the side of the bed and switched on the bedside lamp. It's still dark outside. John sits quietly, wrapped up in his thoughts, and looks across to the desk on the other side of the room. A metal walking cane is leaning against the desk. He looks at it unhappily, then continues to gaze into the distance. He will not be sleeping again tonight.

Molly looks to John with sincerity, "I'm sorry you had to suffer like that."

"The cost of joining the army." John replies with nothing but pride, knowing that he would do it again even with those nightmares.

DAY TIME. The sun has finally risen and John, now wearing a dressing gown over his night wear, hobbles across the room leaning heavily on his cane. In his other hand he has a mug of tea and an apple, both of which he puts down onto the desk. The mug bears the arms of the Royal Army Medical Corps. Sitting down, he opens the drawer in the desk to get his laptop. As he lifts the computer out of the drawer, we see that he also has a pistol in there. Putting the laptop onto the desk and opening the lid he looks at the webpage which has automatically loaded. It reads, "The personal blog of Dr. John H. Watson". The rest of the page is blank.

Later he is at his psychotherapist's office and he sits in a chair opposite her.

ELLA: How's your blog going?

JOHN: Yeah, good. (He clears his throat awkwardly.) Very good.

"John, you can't lie to your therapist!" Mrs. Hudson explained with concern.

"I wanted it to seem like I was doing better okay? But my life wasn't going anywhere." John told the old lady.

Everyone was starting to worry why Sherlock was so quiet, he usually never stops talking. About a case or just speaking to himself in his dream palace.

ELLA: You haven't written a word, have you?

"Wow, she's really good."

JOHN (pointing to Ella's notepad on her lap): You just wrote "Still has trust issues".

ELLA: And you read my writing upside down. D'you see what I mean? (John smiles awkwardly.)

ELLA: John, you're a soldier, and it's gonna take you a while to adjust to civilian life; and writing a blog about everything that happens to you will honestly help you.

(John gazes back at her, his face full of despair.)

JOHN: Nothing happens to me.

"That's wh-" Sherlock was cut off by Mycroft.

"Not yet." He said.

"Why can't he speak?" Molly stuttered."Let him speak, it's nice hearing him again."

"Thank you Molly but Mycroft has a point, why should I speak in something that your supposed to watch about me? You are reacting to me essentially." Sherlock explained. But sounded rough like he hasn't been talking or has trouble speaking.

"Back to it." His brother interjected.

| SKIP SCENE |

POLICE PRESS CONFERENCE. Detective Inspector Lestrade sits at the table looking uncomfortable as his colleague sitting beside him, Detective Sergeant Sally Donovan, addresses the gathered press reporters.

DONOVAN: The body of Beth Davenport, Junior Minister for Transport, was found late last night on a building site in Greater London. Preliminary investigations suggest that this was suicide. We can confirm that this apparent suicide closely resembles those of Sir Jeffrey Patterson and James Phillimore. In the light of this, these incidents are now being treated as linked. The investigation is ongoing but Detective Inspector Lestrade will take questions now.

REPORTER 1: Detective Inspector, how can suicides be linked?

"Oh bloody hell not this."

"You really thought suicides were linked?" John questioned Lestrade.

LESTRADE: Well, they all took the same poison; um, they were all found in places they had no reason to be; none of them had shown any prior indication of ...

REPORTER 1 (interrupting): But you can't have serial suicides.

LESTRADE: Well, apparently you can.

REPORTER 2: These three people: there's nothing that links them?

LESTRADE: There's no link been found yet, but we're looking for it. There has to be one.

"My favorite part is next.." Said the detective, who still won't stop hunching over.

_____________________________________
Sorry this took forever! I'm a very lazy person during this quaretine, but I seen people add this and decided to get another chapter out. Hopefully the next chapter won't take as long 🤞🏻🥺