Chapter 1

The whole beginning of the story was on a sunday evening, I just sat in my room staring out of the window and watched the rain falling down on the floor of the big garden of my fathers house. It was so big an luxurios. My mother only had a flat in the centre of Sydney, where she lived with me, her only child. My father lived in Melbourne with his new wife. I littrally hated her, but I had to visit my father once a month for a weekend. But in this summer I had to stay in Melbourne with them for one month. I arrived here on Saturday late in the evening. I already hated it here. I really didn't want to waste my time with those people! "Grace!" , suddenly I heard my fathers vioce from downstairs. "Please come down! We want you to eat dinner with us. Laura cooked a delicious meal for us." I rolled my eyes and slowly stood up to make my way downstairs. Since I was here I spent all the time in my bedroom. I wasn't planing to do anything with them this summer!

When I finally got down to the kitchen I let myself fall down on a chair. The table was laid with expensive dishes. Laura cooked some spagetthi. My fathers wife smiled at me but I just looked away. "I'm not hungry", I said. My father sighed: "But Grace please, you didn't eat anything since you are here. Look at you! You are so thin." I laughed. I'm actually not thin. I'm not fat but I am chubby. So it didn't kill me when I ate less. And to be honest I didn't even care about what he said. So I just waited till they finished eating. They asked me so many questions about whats up in my life, but of course l didn't answer. I mean, how could my father care about me and my life when he left my mother and me years ago??? After one hour waiting that they stop asking questions, I told them that I want to go to bed now. Even if it was only 8 o'clock. Of course I wasn't tired, I just wanted to get away from them. "Okay... then good night and sleep well honey.", my father said. Then Laura started to say:" goo..." "Yeah, bye dad, see you tomorrow.", l answered and went upstairs without looking back. When I was back in my room I texted my friends. I really wanted to spend my summer with them, because I don't have any friends in Melbourne.

It was very boring to sit in my room the whole time and just do nothing. But I didn't want to go down again. When I looked out of the window again I realized that it stopped raining. I watched the sun going down. There was a rainbow behind the city. It was wonderful to watch the sunset, but I didn't want to sit behind the window. I didn't know what I felt but suddenly I wanted to go out in the night and meet someone and have fun. I just wanted to do something nice, because I felt so lonley since I came here. I can't talk about important things with my father or my step-mother. But I could talk about everything with my mom and my friends in Sydney. They were so lovley and I already missed them so much. When I thought about this, suddenly a tear fell down my cheek. Okay, that was enough, I'm going crazy if I couldn't get out now! I needed to meet someone. So I opened the window and sneaked out. I dried my tears with the sleeve of my sweater. When I was outside on the street I started to walk straight to a little shop near to my fathers house. I really didn't know what I was doing. I had no plan where I should go but I needed to get out of this terrible room. I looked down at the street while I was walking. So I was surprised as suddenly someone walked right in me. I fell down on the wet and could street. "Watch out where you're going!", I heard a boys voice yelling at me. When I looked up I saw someone wearing skinny jeans and a t-shirt with holes in it. The guy had a red bandana around his curly dark blond hair. He had very musculous arms. "I-I'm sorry" was the only thing I could bring out. He looked so angry. It was creepy. As I wanted to walk on, he grabed my arm and held me back. He gave me an evil smile and asked: "Did you cry?". I snatched my arm away."It's not your bussines! Leave me alone asshole." I shouted much louder than I planned. I saw the confusion in his green-brown eyes. Then he smiled again and answered:"I prefere Ashton. Okay fine than bye." He walked away playing cool. What an idiot, I thought. I looked after him while he walked away and I noticed his very musculous arms again. It wasn't easy to get my arm out of his hard hold. Of course I didn't like him or something even though he didn't look that bad. 'Okay, stop it Grace, he's an asshole and he doesn't give a fuck about you! Oh wait and you don't give a fuck about him!' I talked to my self in my mind.

Well, I walked along to the shop and bought some chocolat. When I came out of the shop it was already very dark on the street, so I walked home a bit faster. I really didn't want to get embarrassed again! Even though the rain stopped it was very cold outside.