Celebrity Crush

Lena Luthor had to bite back a smile. As elated as she felt right now, she still wanted to retain an aura of calmness and control. It would've embarrassed her, had she come off looking like a lovestruck, starstruck, awestruck child! No, even though Supergirl was here, and wooing the crowd with all of her amazing talents, Lena fought hard to maintain a respectful expression and not reveal how truly excited she felt.

"Woah!" the crowd cheered as Supergirl flew right over their heads, close enough that they could feel the breeze she left in her wake, but far enough away that none of them were in any danger of being hit by her. They began to laugh and clap as she did a few loop-de-loops over the area.

"Wow," even Lena couldn't help but smile just a little bit, covering her mouth when she began to laugh. Supergirl just never ceased to amaze her! She was so wonderful, and in so many ways! But of course, Lena could never let this show... She had a reputation to uphold, after all! She was Lena Luthor! Calm, controlled, cool, professional... So as Supergirl swooped in once again, playfully using her ice breath to send a gust of cold air down at the audience, Lena continued to cover mouth to mask her smile. The crowd, however, fully indulged in their ecstasies, shrieking and giggling as they felt Supergirl's breath hiss down their necks. She looked just as ecstatic as they did.

"Honestly, Lena, learn to have a little fun!" from a few feet away, Lena's personal assistant chided her gently.

"Jess," Lena turned her respectful gaze upon the other woman.

"There's no need to be so formal today!" Jess insisted once again.

"Forgive me, Jess, but this is just how I am," Lena lied with a laidback expression. Jess gave her the barest of smirks.

"No it's not," she said. "You and I both know you're secretly over the moon to see Supergirl again. So why not just go ahead and indulge in it? Just this once?" but no amount of goading, pleading or chiding from Jess would yield any results. Lena only gently shook her head before turning her eyes back up towards Supergirl, who was still dazzling the crowd with all of her amazing skills. Lena allowed the tiniest of smiles to grace her face as Supergirl saluted all of her onlookers, but she didn't go any further than that.

An hour later, Supergirl's little demonstration was over and the crowd slowly dispersed away. Now, only Lena, Supergirl and several others remained in the vicinity. Lena wasn't looking to speak with Supergirl personally, nor was she there to eavesdrop on the conversation the Girl of Steel was having with those few others who still remained. Instead, she stood quietly in the background and simply observed. Although she'd never admit it, Jess hadn't been wrong in her earlier assessment regarding Lena's feelings towards the mighty Kryptonian. Lena did have a little celebrity crush on her, but to be honest, who in National City didn't? Supergirl was the name on everyone's lips and heart and Lena was no exception, she just pretended that she was, maintaining an aura of distance even though she, like Jess had said earlier, was over the moon just to see the Girl of Steel up close and personal.

But because she wished to maintain that high level of formality, and because she was, admittedly, still a bit awed and intimidated by the Girl of Steel, Lena continued to stand hidden as she watched the mighty superhero from afar, just ogling her and taking her all in in a place where no one else could see her indulge in her secret little celebrity crush. She dared to take a few steps closer, then, still just watching Supergirl speak. She couldn't hear a word the superhero was saying, but she didn't need to, just seeing Supergirl made her go weak in the knees, and the head. Gah! Lena was just so in love! But could anyone blame her? Supergirl was just so beautiful! And power and righteous and... good! She was a hero, savior, friend and companion, and she was everything that Lena wanted to be. She represented all of Lena's hopes and dreams and she stood for everything that Lena considered good and noble and moral. What more could she possibly want out of the Girl of Steel?