The Tragedy

"Mom...you wouldn't believe what happened today at school, I was choosen as captain for my base ball team" Jay said as he rushes into the kitchen to get something to eat. There was no answer coming from the mom he didn't really noticed till he went to her room and found the opened box and sheets in it he smiled knowing how much his mom loves to "rebrand" well that how she calls it anyway, he walked passed her room to his where he goes online and checks what trending.

Later that evening his dad arrives from work sad and moody he drops his bag and walked over to the couch trying the best he can to hold back his tears in other not to get any attention from Jay.
He knew he has never been a loving and caring husband to his wife beauty since the day he found out she will never be able to conceive it hurt him so bad he nevered even once looked on how  his wife felt, he just hated her for a cause that is outside her power and control, he shouts at her for every little mistake treats her like she was never his wife, her endless midnight cry would piss him off. He has never been the ideal husband who loves, cherish and care for his wife rather he was the opposite of an ideal husband now he regrets all his past actions, when she gave birth to Jay he  promised himself his going to be the man he was before their marriage and  before the realization that she can't conceive,the man who loves his wife, the man who adore her, the man who will lay down his life for her. While he still trying to make amends this tragedy occurs he couldn't bear it or take it any longer for it wasn't what happened to his wife that made him cry but his wrong doings to wards her.

"Pa..." His thinking was being cut off by young Jay who stood in front of him

"Pa..." He said again trying to look at his dad face who was clearly facing the floor, thousands of reason ran through Jay's mind to be the cause of his dad sadness he really didn't think anything could happen to his mom so he waved off that thought, Could it be he got fired?, No no no dad does his work with so much excellence, did he lose something  on his way home something really that valuable, no it really had to be something precious to Dad for him to be this sad.

"Pa.....are you okay?" He asked feeling concerned for his father, growing as a child he has always known his father to be a disciplinarian, wanting everything done in perfection, the slightest mistake is like going to jail, his dad loves him more than anything that's why he tries everyday to make his father proud, he joined the base ball team not because he really had passion or interest in base ball but he sees the way his Father loves them and how every Saturday the family gathers in front of the TV to watch Saturday night games, when his father heard he was in the base ball team his dad was really happy, coming to break the good news of him being Captain of his team to his parent only to find this dilemma, he knew his dad would be proud of him not saying his dad wasn't ever proud of him Jay was a straight A student and cute for his age his dad took pride in him, and Jay knows he has to live up to the expectation of his father and as the only child he didn't want to bring his family to shame.

"J boy..(as his father fondly calls him) am okay"  His Dad said trying to hide the sadness from his face and forcing a fatherly smile.

"You sure Pa...cause you don't look okay to me....you look sick or sad about something" Jay said. Jay was never the dumb kid he knows and understand people's feeling so his father trying to hide his or do as if nothing happened is worthless.

"Sad???....oh common Jay you know how stressful my line of  profession is... toady was just hectic and tiresome...you know being a petroleum engineer ain't easy boy"  his dad replied trying to sound as causal as possible.

"Ok ...if you say work...so be it....but I know something's up....anyway I was made the captain of my team"  jay said beaming a smile.

"Oh really...that my boy....am not really surprised you know....with a kid like you a straight A Student you deserve it" his dad said standing up to ruffle his hair as Jay tries to pull away.