Chapter Two

We walk into the school. Only 2 minutes left until it starts. And I have to pee. Damn it!

"Mia, I need to go to the toilet. Please tell Mr. Adams that I'm running late!" I tell her before I run towards the toilets. Mr. Adams is the youngest teacher at school and just awesome, so he'll be cool if I'm a few minutes late.

As I walk into the toilet I see a young girl sitting on the floor,crying, with her head on her thighs so I can't see her face. She hasn't noticed me. What should I do? Should I just leave? Or comfort her? I can't stand seeing people cry. Slowly I walk up to the girl and kneel down in front of her. She lifts her head and looks at me with a confused gaze. As soon as she lifts her head I see that it's Madison.

"Hey,what happened? Why are you crying?" See why I hate seeing people cry? I'm not the best in comforting others.

"Do you know who I am?"

"Yeah you're Madison de la Garza,Demi Lovatos little sister."

"See that's why I'm crying. I'm a nobody. I'm just Demis sister Madison. No one would even care about me if Demi weren't my sister. Everyone is just interested in her." Her gaze meets mine and I just stand there looking back unable to say something.

"But that's not true."

Before I can say anything else she responses: "That's true! She's the one with the talent. I can't do anything right - I have no talents." She becomes angry.

"You just have to figure it out, you know. Talents are like trees. After a long time they grow and get really big and strong but first there are just roots underneath the earth. You can't see them, they need to be taken care of,you have to water them til they grow. I don't think I have a special talent either. So I'm with you. But instead of crying over the fact that we don't know our talent yet we could do something that is more fun don't you think - and maybe in between we figure it out?"

A little smile escapes her lips. "Thanks. You're pretty cool. Can I ask you what your name is?"

"You're pretty cool too" I say with a wink. "I'm Sarah. So what lesson should you be in by now?"

"Math with Mr.Diego"

"Oh Mr. D,you don't miss anything. But we better go cause it's already 8:20."

I walk with Madison to Room 101. In front of the door she turns around and looks at me. "Can I please see you during the break?" I smile at her. "Of course you can." Her face brightens up. "Ok then bye."

I head towards my classroom. As I walk in Mr Adams looks at me with a bright grin. "Good morning Mrs. Pears. What an honor that you're finally here. "

"Sorry Mr Adams, there was an evidence."

"An evidence at the toilet?" The class laughs and I'm also close to laugh out loud. "Just make sure that doesn't happen again."

I take my sit besides Mia and she whispers "What happened?" "I tell you later!" I open my book and begin to write down what's on the blackboard.

The bell rings and we sigh - finally the break. The first day in school is even more boring than the rest of it. The time doesn't pass at all.

Our group of six people heads towards the cafeteria. Mia and I in the back so I can tell her what happened in the toilet. After I finish my story Mia glances at me. "I don't believe it. I let you alone for like 5 minutes and the best things happen to you."

I laugh at her. "Dumbass!"

She punches me playfully in the side and shows me her tongue.

As soon as we enter the cafeteria we notice that everyone seems pretty nervous and excited.

Madison runs up to me from a corner and following her: Demi

That's why everyone is so nervous. She's here.

"Hi Sarah! This is my bigger sister Demi." she says as soon as they stand beside us. Demi smiles at me and reaches for my hand. "So you're the one who helped my sister through the morning? I'm Demi."

At first I don't know what to do. I see her hand in front of me but I'm not able to move or even to breathe. Mia comes to my rescue. She shakes Demi's hand. "Hi I'm Mia and this is Sarah."

Meanwhile I was able to catch my breath. Demi's gaze wanders back to me. To prevent me from drowning in her deep brown eyes again I look to the ground before our eyes meet.

Madison hasn't noticed anything.

"So can we have lunch with you guys?"

Her husky voice gives me the chills.

What is happening?