Jive Training Continues

Joe's POV

My training with Dianne was going really well. I thought I was going to end up with a super tough, strict drill sergeant as my teacher, but, although Dianne was a great teacher and did push me, I also wound up with a great new friend who was like a female version of me! It was really nice to have ended up with someone who got my humour and not get annoyed with me when I pranked her or messed up the dance routine. It's like, what was I worried for?! It was the fourth day, and I decided to vlog a day of training to give my fans an understanding of what goes on when we weren't training, so like before we get started and our lunch breaks, and any of our other breaks. It was the thirteenth of September, and the day started off with me having to run right back home to get my phone charger so Dianne's phone, which was on twelve percent battery, could stay on while it played the music on the speaker while we practised. Then later, Dianne did a mock physio session on my back. Dianne sometimes liked to compare people to animals, and she claimed I had the back of a franklin. Dianne told my fans that we've been changing the Jive routine on a daily basis, and that she's confident that I can do the dance. She even told them that I've inspired her to put some moves into the choreography. Then we misused the "lead a camel to water" phrase and said a franklin version of it: "You can lead a franklin to the water, but it'll stay in its shell!"

Around lunch time, Neil Jones, a pro that I have become quite good friends with, was coming over to our studio for lunch, and Dianne and I decided to prank him. The prank of choice? My classic hide behind the door at jump out at the victim when they come in prank! I told Dianne that she had to say something along the lines of "Joe's gone to the toilet and I don't like being on my own, I get scared." I didn't have much faith in her acting skills.

Dianne had noticed the fluff that I had on my camera and asked about it, and I explained that it was so the viewers could still hear me while in the wind. She thought the camera had a little haircut.

"We should dye it red," I joked, referencing Dianne's own red hair.

"Who thinks he should get a red streak?" Dianne rhetorically asked my viewers, playing with my hair.

"No... If I win, I'll do that," I say.

I paused the recording for a bit, checking my phone to see when Neil actually said he was coming.

"But maybe we should actually dye your hair red, Joe," Dianne suggested.

"I bet it would look terrible." I say plainly.

"Aw, come on!" Dianne urged like a child begging for a new toy, "We could be proper partners then!"

I couldn't help but chuckle at how cute she was. "Alright, I'll do you a dare. A bet, even." I continued, very foolishly, "If we get to the finals, I'll let you dye my hair as red as yours for the day. How does that sound?"

"It sounds so fun, Joe!" Dianne squealed, "Pinkie swear it?" I swear this girl was my weakness. We pinkie swore it, and the bet became official. Little did I know I'd come to regret it...

Then it was prank time. Neil had texted me that he was at the studio now. Dianne crouched down on the floor and looked through the door to see if Neil was coming. Eventually, we heard Neil knock on the door, and Dianne opened it. Dianne tried to put into action the narrative I gave her to distract Neil, but due to her poor acting, Neil found me hiding behind the door, and our prank ended in failure.

Dianne had left the room for a bit later, and so Neil and I decided to flip the prank on her, and so I hid behind the door once again. She came back into the training room, and I jumped out at her, making her flinch. It was so easy to prank her like this! It works every single time, and it never gets old! Then, putting our fun and games aside, we had lunch together. During lunch, Neil and I suggested a challenge we could do together on my channel, in which we could test to see who could stay in an ice bath for the longest. It probably won't happen, but it was nice to have it up in the air of possibility just in case it does.