seven x reader (soulmate au)

Living in a world where you're assigned a soulmate the moment you're born is wonderful. But there is one problem. Where am I ever going to find someone called Saeyoung? It's such a strange name. I sighed. Why do I keep thinking about it?

I pushed the remaining drink away and bit my lip.

"That'll be fifteen dollars." I gave the money to the bartender.

As I exited the club, a sudden wave of what felt like ice hit my face. Windy days like this make me feel anxious. Before I got within twenty feet of my car, my head began to hurt.

"Yo. Miss, are you okay?" A stranger walked into my direction.

"Fuck off." This sudden swearing surprised both me and the man. I hoped to look intimidating, but when I tried stepping towards my car I lost my balance and almost fell.

"God, what happened to you? " I looked at his face. In the dimly lit street I could still see that he was hot. Very hot. His red cheeks showed the fact that he was drunk too, although probably less than me. Under his intriguing bloodshot golden eyes, he had pretty big eye bags. Most likely from tiredness.

"I'm alright. None of your business." I replied bluntly. "What's your deal?"

"Well, lady, you look like you're about to pass out at any moment." That statement made me raise an eyebrow.

"And how does that concern you?" My sharp tongue would always get me into trouble, but this is a stranger we are talking about. I have to be careful, especially since I'm drunk.

"I just thought you might need help. You can barely stand." I hated how right he was. "I'll give you my phone number, so you can turn me in, okay?"

"You're awfully kind. What's your name?" I asked.

"Tell me yours first."

"It' s y/n." The expression he had was a mix of sadness and surprise. "Are you going to tell me yours?" I joked. Giving my name to strangers was not something I would usually do, but he offered to help me. Not a lot of people would have done that. After shaking his head, he put his hands on my shoulders and we both slowly walked towards his car.

In the automobile, a very awkward silence dominated, so I decided to tell him my address. He was staring at the road, so I let out:

"I didn't quite catch your name."

"I do usually tell people that it's classified information, but I suppose I should say to you Saeyoung Choi."

In that moment, I felt as if my surroundings didn't matter, as if the only thing I needed was him, as if he gave a new meaning to my life and we barely knew each other. It was petrifying. I couldn't look at him. He started laughing, which made my heart pound so fast, I almost couldn't breathe. And for a moment, the idea of having soulmates didn't seem so bad.