Day 240

Day 240

Today, I... How do I describe this the best way...?

When I opened my red and burning eyes this morning, I stared at two skeletons, leaning over me waiting. One of these was Fresh, but the other one wasn't anyone of the Sans's I saw before. 

Well, okay, my reaction wasn't that calm.

"WHA-" But Fresh pressed one of his hands down on my mouth and rose his finger up to his mouth to tell me to be silent. The other skeleton looked a little worried to the door and we all listened shortly.

"K, brosky. Listen up. Ya have to be really calm now, we're not here to hurt ya or somethin. This here's Dream, he's the skeleton, I talked 'bout yesterday remember?" I nodded softly and eyed the other skeleton again, this one smiled gently and nodded back. Fresh waited a few more minutes, then he finally let go of my mouth and I silenced expectantly.

"Fresh, I think we overwhelmed her a little bit. I'm sorry, Pibs, we're just here because we wanted to tell you a little more about Ink and the AU's. Are you okay, Dearie?" Dreams voice felt really comfortable and let me calm down, so, I sat up slowly.

"Okay, then... what do you wanna tell-" But before I could talk a little further, Ink stepped in my room, without knocking of course. He looked really bad and had dark circles under his eyes, when he catched us three sitting on the bed, his expression changed.

"F-Fresh? Dream? What the heck are you both doing here?"

"Ink, calm down, okay? We just wanted to talk with Pibs, because we were worried. Fresh came to me and told me what happened yesterday, so we both decided to talk to her. She needs more information about you and..."

"You both... go away. From. Her. Now." Ink stepped lowering in our direction, but Fresh jumped on his feet and blocked his way. While that, Dream wrapped his arms around me and SWOSH we were gone.

I woke up in high green grass, while my head rested on someone's lap. My eye lid's opened and I looked into yellow stars, which glowed reassuring at me.

"Dream? Where are we?" He just smiled at me gently and stroked over my head.

"At a safe place... Ink won't find us, until I want him to. No worries, I won't hurt you. I just want to talk." With a slight moan, I arose and looked around. There was a tree behind us and high grass everywhere. I stunned by looking around for a while, before pulling myself together.

"What do you wanna talk to me? And why was Ink... so mad at you?" Dream lend a hand on my shoulder, then he started to talk.

"I guess... I'll start with the thing yesterday. Fresh told me, Ink was acting weird yesterday, right? Well, are you aware of 'Souls' yet?"

"No. Well, I know about my soul, but... not really anything specific."

"So, you know you've got a soul. I've got a soul. Fresh got one too... But, Ink... He doesn't have soul, you know. And without a soul, you usually can't feel. But Ink use his vials to 'feel'. He drinks color, to show emotions and pretend to have a soul. But, there's... there's a catch lately, because, it doesn't last forever. I don't know, how long one taking lasts, but apparently, yesterday he had a lack again. You should be aware, that Ink falls back to an emotionless and cruel being, when he got a lack of these colors."

"Wh-why cruel?"

"He doesn't feel anything, so he will not hesitate to hurt you. He won't probably hurt you physical, but rather psychological. I know, you never saw him in this state before, but it happens... Sometimes, he just doesn't have enough color and stay in this state..."