Introduction

All it was supposed to be was a walk. Until I saw the sign pointing to the zoo. It took a bit of convincing to get the desk lady to let me in but eventually she relented, telling me to just go in. I wandered around. Not really looking for anything in particular. That was until I saw the sign. The sign that would change my future. Lions! I scrambled over a few benches till I could see the sign clearly. It has an arrow pointing to the left, so to the left I shall go. I grabbed my slowly slipping sketchbook and made my way through the crowd to try and spot the giant felines. After some searching I found a small rock in a corner to watch them from. I snatched up my sketchbook from where I had tossed it on the rock as I fumbled for my pencil somewhere in the tangled walnut coloured locks I joyously get to call my hair. After my hair finally decided to let me have my pencil back I got to work sketching the beautiful creatures. The lean, lithe muscles that sculpted their backs and haunches, to the golden brown fur that shown in sunlight contrasting the ivory coloured fangs that hung and rose from the top and bottom of their gigantic mouths. that was I did, until I was almost pushed over the railing and lost my sketchbook. Again. I signed the paper before it was dropped though so maybe someone will see it and return it one day. Until then i'll just have to settle with the meh feeling you get with an incomplete drawing. Little did I know just how much that drawing was going to do for me in a few years and what it would bring with it when it returned.