Chapter 2

A week was passed by. I was unable to forget him and his smile. No matter how busy I was, I could see his smile in my mind. I questioned myself if I fell for him. I couldn't answer immediately because if the answer is 'yes', then Karthik won't be my first love. I liked someone two years ago but that was only one sided and a flop one. My first love was rejected. I thought I should take some more time and decide on my feelings for Karthik.

I wanted to know about him because I don't know anything. Though we were from the same branch, Computer Science,  we belong to different sections.  Also, I don't talk to boys much in my class to enquire about him. I only talk to them when they ask me any information regarding the class. For the first time I felt that I should have had a guy friend so that I can take his help in this matter. 

His full name is Karthik K Reddy M. I know it because I came across his full name many times on roll list. I am not even friends with him on Facebook. I wanted to hit 'Add friend' button immediately but I didn't. I had seen his profile and found out that he belongs to Hyderabad. Only his profile pictures can be seen due to the privacy settings he had set up. I wanted to find out what his surname M is. One of the posts shows that he has an elder brother Raghu. I used my searching skills on Google. I would better say stalking skills :P I finally came to know what M stands for after stalking Raghu's Linked In account.

I opened all the previous seven semesters' course registration records to find out which courses he had signed up for. I found that we took the most of the courses in common in the last 3 semesters. I was surprised. We were sitting in the same class yet, I never bothered to look at this guy. I never knew how this guy looks till we had gone for that trip. Without our knowledge, we both had been attending the same courses except one or two which are different. In the current eighth semester itself we share two electives in common out of four. The common ones are Economics and Numerical mathematics.

His Facebook timeline depicts that he is a die-hard fan of the footballer, Lionel Messi. His name on his Snapchat account is LM10. I was wondering what this LM is! Now I figured out that it stands for the name of his favourite player and 10 is his Jersey number. I was able to understand how deep his interest on Messi is because I am also a die-hard fan of a sportsperson, Mahendra Singh Dhoni. I am the CR, class representative and an MSDian. MS' jersey number is seven. So I am CR7 and he is LM10. My notation of CR7 coincides with Cristiano Ronaldo and his jersey number.  What a crazy couple we would be! We represent the world's best footballers in a way. I was smiling all the while imagining this combination. 

One day, I was very bored and was searching  my previous years' call history. I noticed that I had received a call from his number. This amazed me. I was deeply looking at the date and time of the call I received. Then I understood that his friend Vikram had called me to ask for the classroom keys. He had forgotten his mobile phone at his desk. So, he called me from Karthik's phone to take the class keys from me and collect his mobile. I felt very happy as if I found a precious gem in an excavation!

I realised that he got placed in Walmart for a great package. I was scrolling through the messages where he received applauses for being the first six pointer to get placed. Itoo appeared for the interview with Walmart but got rejected. 

I observed that he never attends Numerical Mathematics class as his friends give him proxy for attendance. So, the only time I could see him is in Economics class. I soon grasped that he comes late to class. If it was a nine am class, he gives his appearance with a sleepy face. I asked myself if a sincere CR should fall for an irregular student. However, I was convinced. I chuckled signing that I was okay even with his sleepy mood.

My heart started beating Kar-thik Kar-thik Kar-thik! I was so excited and happy thinking about him. I could sense that something interesting would happen in these last days of college.