Chapter 1

I like travelling and exploring places. When Janu and I are chitchatting in my room, she got an offer from Sowmya if she wanted to come to a trip to Ooty with them three weeks later. Janu added my name too. I was very excited because travelling to all the hill stations in India is on my bucket list. I couldn't wait to go. Also, it could be the last trip with my B Tech mates. Hence, I cannot take the risk of missing it. 

I was the girl class representative of Computer Science, section I. There was a cold war between my co representative Ramesh and me. I got a call from one of my teachers to change the class timings. I followed her words and announced the new timing to the classmates. Ramesh was against me. Many people didn't like this change in the class timings. I felt very depressed because Ramesh pretended that the change was proposed by me. Most of the people are against  it. There was no mistake from my side, I just followed the teacher's words. All this nuisance happened on the day of journey to Ooty. After all the classes are done, I went back to hostel room and packed my bag. I was very anxious for what had happened in the class. A team of 12 people were set to go to Ooty. Two people, Karthik and Govind showed interest in the last minute. So, a total of 14 people were all set for the trip. 

February 10, 2018

We went for sightseeing in Ooty, got very tired by the end of the day. My mood was still bad.

February 11, 2018

My mood has changed, positive to some extent. I decided to enjoy the second day of the trip to the fullest as I was dull on first day. Janu and I got ready early. She had to talk to Venu about today's plan. We went near boys' room. She was shouting, "Venu! Venu!" It was around 7:45 am.They might be still sleeping. After a minute, the door was opened by one guy.He was in a sleepy mood, yawning. He was gesturing why we called Venu. This was the first time I had seen him. He is Karthik. As I was off mood yesterday, I didn't bother to notice people.In these four years, I never came across him. After everyone was ready, we continued the sight seeing. 

There was an option of boating at Ooty lake. All of us were interested except Janu and Bhavana. The capacity of each boat is two. I asked Venu if I could boat with him. He told that I was slim, the boat won't be balanced and he wanted to go with Manvitha. Everyone got their boating partners. Karthik and I were left behind. At the end, we both were paired together. I had to pedal with him in the lake.

There was a sudden change in my mood. The cool breeze alongside the hills, amidst the water was awesome. All my depression had gone as if a fairy godmother did a magic with her wand. I felt very happy while boating. I felt like a child. I wanted to cover all the area by boating in the time given to us. But Karthik wanted to pedal along with our other friends. There was a mutual understanding between him and me. He gave up his thought for my sake and we separated from our friends for some time. I loved to be by his side. I kept on talking to him while boating. We came back to our friends to have a race. We had some good clicks while pedalling. I noticed a drastic change in my behaviour. I am a quiet person. But I was very talkative when I was with him, that too in the very first conversation. I was hyper active. Very excited. I thought that was a perfect changeover in my behaviour. I continued with the same level of happiness for the rest of the day thinking about the time spent in the lake. That was a good day and a good trip.

12 February 2018

We reached hostel at 6 am. I was very sleepy. I skipped Economics class and slept for some more time. While I was going for the next class at 10:15 am, I came across Karthik who was returning from Economics class. We exchanged smiles. Everyone else managed to attend their classes while I was simply sleeping ( :p ).  I slept that night peacefully recollecting the moments and fun I had with my friends on the second day.

13 February 2018

The photos of our trip were out. While I was scrolling through all of them, I came across an amazing picture. Karthik and I are in the frame, in the middle of green water and hills in the background. It was very scenic. Fell for the beauty of Ooty once again.

15 February 2018

Another set of photos were uploaded by Govind. This time, looking at a photo, I was amazed by seeing the smile on both of our faces (Karthik's and mine). It has been several months/years that I saw myself in a heartful smile. Also, I fell for Karthik's smile. I was scrolling through the album over and over just to see our pic for one more time. 

My roommate Nikitha was going for a long trip and won't be available for the next ten days. I was so excited. I can stay alone in the room and experience the freedom. 

20 February 2018

Daniel had uploaded the photos captured by him on Facebook without informing us. There were many photos of Karthik and me together while pedalling. I could feel my smile. It was like a movie shooting. We were posing throughout giving different stills covering all the angles. His friends (of course my classmates) had put up comments making fun of him in one of our photos. I saved his number from a WhatsApp group and texted him that something funny was happening about him. He replied me that he was online and had already seen those. It was my first text to him. I was glad that I got some more pictures into 'our album' to keep viewing them again and again.