3: Yin and Yang

But, nothing.

It remained a mystery to us all as to why Aurelia hadn't been able to rescue Athena from the parallel. "No," her breath hitched and her knees fell weak,
"TO HELL WITH ETERNAL DAMNATION, JUST BRING HER BACK!"

Her cries grew more pained by the second. Each tear was a stab to the heart; the guilt festered in her mind, burying itself in her subconscious. She was confused, and hurt. Her heart strained for love, and protection. To his disappointment, the other universals had fled like pigeons from the annoying stamp of a child, in fear of the eternal damnation that was threatened to have happened, leaving her alone and vulnerable.

"Hey...", Lucius whispered softly, "I know that you think I'm a complete asshole and all but...I just...are you o—" "What the hell do you want, Helton? Just leave me alone! I'm not in the mood for your stupid games, so stop pretending you actually care and just go away!" And with that, she was up and running, but there was a strange feeling in her chest as she ran: slowing her to a halt, almost like it was a magnet, drawing her back to the boy she really did not want to see right now...or ever again, quite frankly.

"You just can't seem to stay away from me, can you?" Lucius smirked, although, admittedly, he was a little confused, too. She scoffed, folding her arms as she rolled her eyes to the moon and back in utter disgust.

"What is this? Tell me. Now", she demanded.

"Ok, so here's the thing...you came back to me because you've finally admitted to yourself that you're madly in love with me and can't take it anymore."

"Something. Drew. Me. Back," she argued, "Don't kid yourself."

"Oh, but darling...you know you can't get enough of this." He winked, gesturing to the rest of him...whatever that is.

"True, I can't get enough of your stupidity to laugh at everyday. So, I guess I'll just have to find something funnier."

This earned an eyebrow raise from the confused idiot...that was, before his eye became a swollen plum, that was a shade deeper than fields of lavender.

"Oh, would you look at that? Something to actually like about how you! I love the colour purple!"

He whimpered on the ground, too weak to curse.

She smiled, waving to the inflated balloon-face before turning around to run back to her one true lover, sleep.
Although, there remained the thought of why it truly was that she was pulled back to him, somewhere in the back of her mind.

After accidentally kicking her alarm clock to absolute death, she groaned, dragging herself out of the sheets. Trudging over to open the curtains, she welcomed the merciless bright of the sun.

"Aaaaaah!" There was a piercing shrill of agony as the flesh on Aurelia's right wrist began to fry in the sunlight.

"WHAT THE HELL!" she gasped, immediately closing the curtains, and staring hawk-eyed at the familiar symbol that had cast itself onto her delicate skin.

Ignoring the fact that that had just happened, to avoid all of the stress, Aurelia prepared herself for school, as if nothing were out of the ordinary. That was, until it were...

Another scream. More masculine, though.

She rushed outside to observe the matter, only to see that it was...

Lucius?

Curious, she started to cross the road to ask what had happened, when she saw him begin to charge towards her...

With clenched fists.

Oh, shit.

She started to back up, when suddenly, a left arm was thrown at her. She had expected to be the same shade of purple as Lucius was, but instead, they were both launched backwards through the air, by a blinding force, of a blue neon luminescence.

Ouch.

Their eyes met: his, burning passionately with a flame of rage, dancing together with her own.

Civilised, they approached one another, holding their arms beside each other's, connecting at the wrist.

"How did this happen?" He asked, irritated at the fact that he had somehow obtained a mysterious sort of tattoo which completed that of the girl who had given him a face plump surgery.

"You tell me, asshole."