30; forget

2 weeks later
Daniel

I flip through the channels of my tv, as I'm tucked cozily in my bed comforter.

Knock knock knock

I hear from the other side of my door.
Annoyed, I part from my comforter, to get the door.
I open the door, revealing Meghan, looking kinda smug.

"What." I say sternly. I was not happy. I was trying to enjoy my Sunday, uninterrupted. Or at least without having to face her.

"One, please put on a shirt." Her smile slightly drops as her gaze lowers to my torso and then back to eye contact. "Two is..?" I question, still very agitated. "Two...I need you to drive me to Alex's house.." She fiddles with her bracelet.

My face scrunches in disbelief. "Take the train,Meghan." I begin to close the door, stepping back inside my room. She grabs the door, in attempt to stop me. "WAIT!wait..I'll—I'll pay you.."she stutters. I roll my eyes in annoyance. "Go get ready." I rub my temples. She squeals, embracing me In a hug, well, more of a unsolicited squeeze that I was completely unprepared for.  "Let go." I scoff.

***

"The GPS keeps glitching. I think I might need a new chip or something." I attempt to adjust it.

She begins to laugh. "What's funny?" I ask. "Dude, it's shitty." She continues to laugh. "Just get rid of it."

"Not happening.My dad gave me the car. GPS included. No matter how shitty it is or isn't."

She rolls her eyes."488 Boil Street between King and Washington."

"Redirecting route to 488 Beer street between Spring and Sommers Avenue." The GPS said. She snickers. "Hey, this is not funny." I said in frustration.

"Just use reverse psychology, Daniel. Instead of putting the actual address in, use the one she    misheard." She said. She types something into the GPS.

"Redirecting route to  488 Boil street between King and Washington Avenue."

I had to admit, it was genius. I wasn't going to tell her that of course, her head was already big enough. "How do you already know where he lives? You guys were friends or something weren't you? How long ago? What happened? Why haven't you guys told me? Is it something you don't talk about?" She ranted.

I kept my eyes on the road, trying my best not to get distracted by Meg's childish bullshit.

"Okay what's up with you?Why are you acting so different?" She asks. I ignore her.

She sits back in her seat when she realizes I wasn't going to give her an answer.

Time went by, and the ride was almost completely silent.
We finally pulled up to Alex's house, still as big as I remember. Alex was basically the border between middle class and rich.
He doesn't like to show this part of his life off. It sort of embarrassed him. That's what I liked about him, but now he's with Meghan, so I had to look at him less of a friend, and just the guy with the girl I love.

"We're here." I say, parking the car neatly. "This is his house??" She whisper shouts, seeming pretty damn surprised. "You've never been to his house, have you?" I ask. She nods no.

I roll my eyes. She reaches into her pocket and hands me a 20 dollar bill. "Thanks for the ride." She acknowledges me, opening the door. I hand the bill back to her."keep your money, bro."

She closes the door, and steps back into the car. "Bro?" She says. "What?" I question. "I'm not your bro, okay?" She narrows her eyes at me. "

I give her a side eye."I call everyone bro." Her face reddens. "Well-well I'm not everyone." She crosses her arms. "Better get used to it,you are now."I shrug with a nonchalant expression on my face that's been sitting tightly there for the past few minutes.

I can't keep doing this to myself. Giving in to her. I thought I was doing just fine "getting over it." In reality, I wasn't even close. Of course, I wasn't going to tell her that.

She looked at me with a horrid expression, kind of like she'd seen seen a puppy die right in front of her.

I could tell she was trying to blink back tears with the way she kept looking away and back. "Daniel...I—" She starts, but I didn't let her finish. "Look you said we were nothing to each other, correct?So thats merely what we are. Other than our parents being a thing, we aren't anything. We're not friends, we're not together, nothing." I say, looking straight ahead to make it easier on myself. Didn't make anything less painful.

She let out a sound, her voice cracking. It was like she wanted to say something but she was choking down her words.

She sat there for a good two minutes staring at her lap, her face soaked in streaming tears. "Are you leaving or what." I sternly spoke.

She opened the car door abruptly, slamming it so hard, it actually startled me.

I opened the car, about to rush to the other side. I grip the wheel for a second, hesitant. I let out a deep sigh, shutting my eyes. When I reopened them, I looked out of the window, watching her slowly shuffle herself to the door.

I opened my door, hopping out the car.

"Meg,get back in the car." I sigh. "No." She says as she turns around, sternly looking at me with a look that truthfully;frightened me. I've never seen that look before, she'd always looked at me genuinely, her eyes constantly twinkling when she smiled at me. That wasn't the case right now. As I stared into her eyes from far, it wasn't a genuine stare she was giving me. It was a cold, barren stare. A putrid stare of hate and disgust.
"Just get in the car, Meg. Please." I said, the expression on my face revealing I was practically begging. "No." She answered again. "Look, I tried. I tried to make things go back to normal..Between us. I'm sorry we couldn't be together. But you need to let that go...You need to at least try and put it behind you. I know it isn't easy on either of us..but..read the room. There's no way we would work." She shrugs as I watch her open the door, walking away from the conversation. Away from me. At this point, I'd known for sure we were done.

I stayed out there a few more minutes, leaning on my car as everything that just happened replayed in my mind.

***

Alex

"Come in!" I shouted. The door to my bedroom slowly opened, my focus still on my game. "No,Go left,Dude!" I shouted through my headset at my teammates. "Dude you guys suck!" I yelled at them, watching as they died in the game. I peaked over, catching a glimpse of Meg plopping on my bed.

"Uhh guys I'll be back in a few hours." I said into the microphone, hearing awe's and boo's from the other side in annoyance. "Yeah yeah, whatever." I turned off the game. I shuffled over to her, sitting on my bed, looking a bit pouty.

I leaned down, grabbing her cheeks, pecking her on the lips a few times. "What's wrong baby?" I held her cheeks in my palms, as I kneeled down, looking up at her. "I just had a long day, that's all." She says gloomily as she grabs my hands off of her cheeks. "Do you wanna talk about it?" I stood up, sitting on the bed. She swings herself over, straddling my lap. "What are you—" she kisses me, cutting my sentence short. "No, I just wanna forget." She whispers into my ear, unbuckling my pants.

"Meg...I've never done anything..I don't know if I could.." I whisper as she kissed my neck. "It's okay." She throws my belt to the floor.