Chapter 1 ~The New Girl~

It wasn't fair.

It simply was just not fair.

Why did he get all the spotlight?

She's captain of the cheerleading team, she's student body president, hell she's been valedictorian for four years in a row.

Four

fucking

years.

The brunette worked her ass off just to try and get her parents attention, but no, it's always Jonathan.

The star boy, and her twin.

The cheerleading and the student body president thing definitely gave her a lot of rep in school though.

She was popular, no doubt about it.

Boys groveled at her feet, girls stared and scoffed at her as she passed by, indecisive if they hated her or wanted to become her best friend.

She had decided that attention was attention. Of course it wasn't coming from where she wanted it to, but she had settled into a weird groove.

A plan and schedule that she did not intend on disrupting.

Senior year was her year, and no one was taking that from her.

She stared at her reflection in the mirror. Hazel eyes peered back at her, a sheet of frosty ice glazing over them. Her makeup accentuated her already sharp features, and she was just glad her freckles were covered. Her dark hair flowed down in their natural waves, framing her face.

She looked good to put it short.

She looked really good.

But apparently never enough.

She sighed and grabbed her bag and keys, heading downstairs. Looking around the large house, she heard no movement, meaning her brother had left for school, and her parents for work.

Yes, she and her brother drove separately to school.

They didn't necessarily hate each other, they've just never been that close, which is weird considering they're twins.

They've just always been indifferent towards each other. They've acknowledged each other's presence, but they definitely weren't the other's go to person.

They do however, run the school. The cheerleading team's captain and the Varsity Lacrosse team's captain just happened to be twins.

Their parents were also filthy rich so people tended to gravitate around them any who.

Their wealth however, also meant that their parents were never home.

Her father was always taking court cases around the country, and her mother was a pediatric surgeon.

At most she saw her parents twice a week, and seeing them at the same time was an even rarer occurrence.

But when they were home, they smothered her brother with love and gifts, leaving her with what little is left in their tank of affection.

Being so caught up in her thoughts, she hadn't even realized she had reached school already.

She paused for a moment and closed her eyes, mentally composing herself.

You can do this.

This is your senior year, don't fuck it up.

She took another deep breath and stepped out of the car. Immediately all eyes were on her.