Chapter 7

*Kaelyn's POV*

I walked down to the beach, following Mallory and Jacob. I really have no clue why they are taking me there, or why I'm wearing a dress. All I know is I'm about to step on this dress. As we make it down to the beach I see a romantic dinner, for me or not, I wasn't sure, but then I see Grant spring out of one of the seats and I instantly smile to myself.

"Grant, is this for me?"

"For my one and only. Do you like it?" He says with a nervous tone.

"Like it? No." I tell him. He frowns and looks at it. I run up to him and kiss him, when I pull away, I smile. "Grant, I love it." When I say that, he smiles and grabs my hand. Grant leads me to a seat where there is my favorite foods. Lasagna, chicken, and for dessert he had chocolate cake. "Grant, this is amazing! Oh my god I love you so much," I tell him. When what I said sinks in, I put my hand over my mouth. He wasn't supposed to find out yet, I wanted to wait to tell him. But he wasn't confused or mad, he was smiling.

"I love you, too." I smiled to myself and we ate. When we were done eating, he took me out by the ocean, close enough to where we could hear the waves but far away enough so we don't get wet. Grant stops me, and gets on one knee, pulling a rose from behind his back. It was white with transparent sparkles all around it. "Kaelyn, will you do me the honors of being my girlfriend?" All I did was let my tears fall. I stumbled back a little, but soon regaining my balance. When I did, I ran up to him and hugged him.

"Yes, Grant. You don't even need to ask." When I pulled away from the hug he kissed me. It was short, but holds so much meaning.

-Back at hotel-

*Jacob's POV*

When I saw Grant and Kaelyn walk through the door, hand in hand, I knew exactly what happened. I walk up to them and pat Grant's back. "Nice job, bud," I tell him. But he's too focused on Kaelyn, young love. I walk to Kaelyn and hug her. She hugs me back and whisper to her "keep Grant around for a long time. Trust me," and she nods her head.

"Well I'm going to go to sleep, bye Jacob!" Kaelyn says. She really is a beautiful girl, if you ask me. Not in a "boyfriend-girlfriend" way though, in a brotherly way. I just couldn't stand to see a beauty like her get hurt. That is what brothers do, protect their sister from hurt. Even though she is not my blood sister,

I still love her.

A/N

I know it's short and I'm sorry, but I'm so busy. Love you guys though!

-Kaelyn