Chapter Nineteen

A/N: I'm really enjoying writing this book for you guys and I hope you are enjoying it just as much as I am because if not, please let me know what I can do to make it better! Anyways, thank you all for continuing this story, please don't forget to comment your thoughts and vote!

--------------

Sigyn's P.O.V.

Loki presses a small glowing button on the metallic board and static comes out of the surface. After he twists a knob, the static fades and music picks up, a soft melodic type tune plays, an emotional voice sings and the instruments play in amazing sync to the voice. Its sound is gentle and soothing, unlike anything I've ever heard. Dare I say it, this is better than the valkyries in Asgard!

"What is this?" I ask, loosening my fearful grip on his hand. He turns the volume up, letting the amazing melody flood the car.

"They call him Elvis Presley. Eli introduced his music to me when I was first here, he played it generously in the apartment lobby all day, and it just grew on me." He explains,  looking over at me for a second.

"He is very talented. His voice sings so real, you can really feel the emotions he feels, Midgardian music is amazing." I agree, humming quietly to the tune I picked up.

"I know someone else who has an incredible voice. She can sing for anything, her sorrowful songs bringing even the strongest soldiers to tears. You feel the torment she endured, the love she has lost. Her voice wasted by singing alone to herself." I assume he is talking about The Enchantress, she must have a good voice, what does she not have.

"Who?" I still ask, pushing my obvious jealousy far back into my mind.

"It's you, Sigyn." He chuckles, "what, did you think I was talking about someone else? A valkyrie?" He teases, squeezing my hand in reassurance.

"Oh." I whisper, his words suddenly sinking into meaning. "Torment she has endured, love she has lost." Do I really have that much emotional power? I do remember singing in the dungeons, I used it as a release, but I never thought anyone would bother to listen, let alone take my words to heart. I am even more surprised that Loki was listening, as I recall, he was in  bad place in those dungeons, he didn't talk to me.

"Do you really feel that way?" I ask skeptically, still in disbelief he noticed my singing.

"Of course, anyone blessed enough to listen to you would feel that way." His voice drops to below a whisper and I barely hear what ge says. "And my mother convinced me so."

"Thank you, it means a lot to me." I smile, feeling all happy and static-y inside. We do not talk much on the rest of the journey, just listen to the loud masterpieces of Elvis Presley.

We turn into a grey concrete field, Loki stops his car in uniform with dozens of other cars, I decide not to ask why. The building in front of us reads something in French, so I cannot interpret it. As we walk through the entrance, a cold blast of foul smelling air is blown onto us, I make a wrinkled expression and breathe the stench out of my nose.

Thr store is filled with food, multiple organized rows of fresh produce lined up in the front, with a bakery to the left. The smell of clean citrus stings my nose as a uniformed woman comes through with a mop. The ceilings are high, with mazes of pipes and bright lights illuminating the entire store. And maybe a hundred midgardians are shopping, pushing baskets and children around as they grab ingredients off a checked list. Quiet music plays in the background, mostly drowned out by the human commotion.

"Wow" I say, looking around. Loki grabs a basket and starts walking, no list in his hand so I assume he ia just going to wing it. Walking next to him, I point out colorful labels and brightly advertised products, promising "the best frozen falafel you'll ever have!"