Chapter 02「Double Moment」

"I suppose it can't be helped," Winter sighed, as she was surrounded by a light blue light. As it faded away, in Winter's place a girl stood a girl with similar, raven hair. On her chest, there was still the strange wings tattoo, but the blue jewel was instead in the girl's hand. She wore the same uniform as Hanami had before. Blossom's eyes widened.

"S-Shirozora-san is a magical girl?"

The older woman looked surprised, but nodded. "You two know each other?"

Reika nodded, still looking at the gem in her hand. Noticing that Reika wasn't going to say anything else, Blossom detransformed, and nodded too.

The older woman smiled.

"In that case, that makes it so much easier!" She turned her focus to Hanami. "I'm Shibuki Tsubasa, the founder of Project Starlight, by the way." She extended her hand, and Hanami took it.

"I'm Yuuki Hanami, I'll be in your care!" Seeming satisfied, Tsubasa nodded and turned to Tsuki. The rabbit nodded and jumped out of Hanami's arms. She began to glow and somehow seemed to be changing shape. Suddenly, the glow grew and disappeared. Where the rabbit was previously, stood a teenage girl. She had shoulder-length indigo hair and rose pink eyes. Hanami's eyes lit up, as the now human Tsuki placed a hand on her hip.

"As a Starlight, you have a lot of responsibility, you know," she smirked, "I hope you can handle it~". The brunette froze, before becoming full of determination and nodding.

"Of course! I won't let this chance go to waste!" She exclaimed, raising her fist in the air. Tsubasa placed her hand on Tsuki's shoulder.

"She was chosen by the Moment Gem, just like Reika and the Starlights of the past. Of course she's ready."

"Moment Gem...?" Hanami muttered, and Reika turned her attention to the brunette.

"Open your hand," Hanami did as she was told, and saw a heart-shaped, pink gem, similar to Reika's. "That's a Moment Gem. It's what we use to transform, and what protects us."

"Protects us?" Hanami muttered, staring at the gem. Tsubasa smiled.

"All you need to know is how vital it is you protect it with your life."

The next day, Hanami walked into class, completely lost in her thoughts. Was the previous day reality? Did she really transform into Starlight Blossom? She did, didn't she? The young girl smiled to herself. It was so much fun to think about all the potential things which could happen! She was deep in thought about her childish dreams of becoming a magical girl, when she felt somebody tackle hugging her.

"Hana-chan! You're okay!" Hanami snapped back into reality and saw Midori clinging onto her.

"Hanazawa-san? What do you mean?" Midori tightened her grip.

"On the way home from school! The way you went, Cipher attacks occur all of the time!" Seira walked over and nodded in agreement.

"The way you went was so dangerous! Please don't ever do that again!" Hanami began to nervously laugh, whilst looking at her Moment Gem, hanging off her bag as a keychain. The two girls exchanged glances, seeming confused.

"Yuuki-san?" Seira asked, as Midori let go of Hanami.

"I'll try not to!" She beamed, and her green-haired friend pouted.

"Try? You have to promise!" Hanami continued to hesitate, and stayed silent, her smile faltering. What if there was another attack? She had to be there to fight it; she couldn't leave Reika alone! Just as the other two girls were about to argue back, the teacher walked in. Seira sighed.