The Sea Prince: Chapter 1

"Pamella Grace!" A nasally sounded voice called loudly over the crowd of ravenous passengers, "Pamella Grace, going once! Going..."

          Pamella awoke from her slumber as the sound of her name rang through her ears. The heat was enough to drain a persons soul as buckets of sweat filled the air and puddled the soil beneath their feet. As she dashed through the crowd, ricocheting like a pin ball against humans of all sizes, she waved her ticket in the air as she grasped for air.

          "I am here! Wait!" Pamella cried at the top her lungs as the horns of the porting ships sounded over her, "Wait, please!" 

          When she finally arrived to the counter, she saw a terrifyingly bulky woman with a mole large enough to be considered a conjoined twin. Her messy black hair moved like the mythical creature, Medusa; if Medusa was a fatter figure, that is. Flies swarmed her as her odor lingered with stench that even the human eye could see. Pamella held her breath to prevent herself from imminent death by the stench of the woman. 

          "Ticket!" Her bossy tone grew worse as she snatched the ticket out of Pamella's hand and stamped it with an extreme sense of irritation.

          "Thank you!" Pamella smiled, but the woman grunted and rushed for the next passenger. Pamella turned from pale to rose red as the excitement of her journey had finally come to a start. 

          The cave of the port was dark and packed with other passengers of different attires. She had to stay on guard to ensure that her personal belongings were safe by her side as the men in front of her looked like the same savages she grew up learning about back when she used to live in the slums of her hometown. 

          She kept her eyes sharp as the men in front began to inappropriately harass two women who wore clothing that symbolized their status in the community. Their dresses were stitched poorly and the design was bland, which signified that they were middle class and unwed. They could not say a word as their status could not protect them from these kinds of situations.

          "C'mon, let's play," Their uneducated words and the deepness of their vocals were threatening to the ears.

          The women were nearly in tears as they knew they had no rights to speak against the hooligans. Pamella could not tolerate the sight and her righteous pride could not stand and watch any longer. Her appearance, in the way that she dressed, depicted her image of that of a man. She quickly pulled out a vile of an alcohol scent that she received from a street market fortune teller and she spilled a bit of it on her wrists, then pursued towards the women.

          "Oh, there you are, my lovelies," Pamella  pretended to be intoxicated with alcohol as she shoved her way through the hooligans.

          "Who is this little piece of chump? I outta knock your front teeth in!" The biggest and tallest man of the entire line grabbed her from her collar. Was it a failed mission? Not so fast, she had one more trick up her sleeve. It was her ability to play word games. 

          "Sir, I already paid for these women for the night, so unless you got the money to take them from me, I will accept cash only," Pamella slurred her words and created a deeper tone. She made them believe she was a rich man... because she knew they were not clever enough to see if her status was true. 

          The side hooligans gestured towards their leader in fright for the situation as they knew they were short on money. Pamella was slowly let back down to her feet as the men brushed their shirts and scuffed their heels. She smiled fearlessly with her eyes half way open as she collapsed herself back onto the women as she held onto their shoulders.