The Sea Prince: Chapter 5

"Miss! A moment of your time!" An artist from the street stopped Pamella in her tracks, "Just a moment, please,"

          The man, covered in a mixture of different colored dyes, begged Pamella to hear him. She was not in a rush, but she had nothing, no money, to offer him for his services. She hesitated, then allowed him to continue. 

          "Please allow me to introduce myself," The talented artist began, "My name is Richard Laws. Are you looking for work?"

          "How did you know?" Pamella examined the wrinkles in his face. Could it be that I've been scouted? She laughed softly from within without showing emotion.

           He was an older man with many years of sight on the world that appeared to have seen more than she could ever imagine. His eyes were of a light green as they bathed in the light of the sun beating down on them. His apron was well kept and seamed nicely. Perfect style and fitting as the laces wrapped tight around his waist.

          "You're new here," He guessed correctly, "Please, come in. Allow me to explain the job i would like to offer you,"

          She felt as though she did not have much of a choice in the matter as she pulled herself into his shop. As he lifted the curtain made of bore skin, she followed him in. What she was about to see was more than she could have ever expected to see.

          Frames of paintings lined the room and shined in the dim light. It looked almost as if the paintings itself were moving images, but they were mere illusions from the artists choice of media material. As she stepped deeper into the small shop, the images shimmered like the ocean surface. She was fascinated. It was nothing that she had ever seen before... except... Flashes of visions coursed through her mind, a familiarity.

          "Please, have a seat. I will return with some refreshing beverages. It's the hottest it has ever been here in Arealia," He giddily scuttled away from sight behind a counter across the shop.

          "Pamella..." A whisper echoed faintly. 

          She looked around for the faint echoes of the whisper and sound that resonated from one of the wall of paintings. Her body, curious of the clashing sounds of the ocean, lead her to a painting of an island... An island of familiarity. As she was going to touch the painting, the sound of glass clashing to the floor scared her attention away towards the fragile man. 

          "Are you okay?" Pamella hurried to his side and began carefully placing the shards of broken glass into her hand until a moment of carelessness caused her to break to skin in her palm. 

          She gasped from the sting as the blood began to protrude from the cut and flood into a thicker pool as it dripped to the floor. Her distraction to her cut caused her to fail in her awareness of what was really happening. A moment accepted her to look towards the man that stared intensely at her hand without a thought of helping her, but his face... it was transitioning into something else. Something deformed as it screeched into the process of his transformation. 

          Bang! A sound from behind her fired off as the material of the bullet caused the disfigured creature to melt into a pool of ocean water. 

          Pamella quickly stood up to see her savior, but before she could turn to see his face, she fell into blackness from the rush of adrenaline. The last thing she could see was the weapon used to defeat the creature. It was golden and detailed with a glowing blue substance and the hand that held the gun was masculine with veins that pulsated within. It was lovely like the veins of a flower petal. The glimpse of the face was covered in a mask, then everything faded to black.

          An ocean of visions impaled Pamella as she floated in a realm of darkness. A face she couldn't recognize appeared of a woman smiling with tears in her eyes as she stared down upon something. Then something happened, she being dragged away. She was familiar and watching her being taken caused Pamella to scream from the antagonizing pain as the vision faded once more. She closed her eyes and felt she was falling endlessly.

          Her eyes opened and she awoke with tears in her eyes. She was left in confusion as she realized the room she was in is the room she left before she returned to the boat to Arealia. What is happening? Am I dreaming again? 

          She arched herself forward slowly on the soft bed while massaging the throbbing pain that resided in her head. To keep herself from following back onto the bed, she used her arms as pillars and grunted from the headache. Then she remembered the incident and quickly checked her hand to find the wound was completely healed. Nothing was making sense, but she fully assumed that what she was experiencing was merely an illusion.

          "Awake already?" That deep voice. She searched for the figure, but her vision was blurred and the room was dim with a shade of darkness. 

          When her vision began to clear, she spotted the man sitting past the edge of the bed where he sat slouched with his legs closed as he twirled his weapon in his hand. As he examined his gun, he glanced at Pamella with a slight smile that appeared devilish. Her heart began to pound faster as those ocean blue eyes caressed her skin. Her eyes began to study all his features only to see his blouse unbuttoned to his chest. She quickly turned away to avoid anything awkward.

          "How did I get here? What's happening?" Pamella spoke with concern as she tried to hide or prevent any kind of attraction towards the one that kept appearing in her mind.

          "There isn't really much to explain but that your soul is experiencing what we call a parallel of existence between the human realm and the sea realm," He began to explain and causing Pamella to jerk from his sudden movement as he began to cat walk onto the edge of her bed towards her until he was on top of her looking down as his curly hair draped past his ears and eyes. She could feel chills from how close he crawled to her. She couldn't escape. 

          As she laid on her back helplessly staring into his eyes, he tilted her chin up and began to kiss her neck. The sensation caused her to feel paralyzed. She was uncertain as to what was happening as the only sound she could hear was her irregular breathing. The touch of his hand caressed her neck as his lips touched her neck until she could hear his breath on her ear.

          "Welcome home, my love," He whispered a faint laugh and reared his head back to reveal a set of powerful sharp fangs that he quickly pierced into her neck as the blood flowed into him. Nothing made sense, so she closed her eyes and fainted as he drained her source of life. This time I will die, right?

Authors Note to Readers: Hello! I recently left Japan and came back to America, so I haven't been able to write. Congratulation on making it to the end of Chapter 5! So I know the story may be taking set of confusing turns, but as the story continues and we ride this together, things will come to make sense all together. Thank you again for all the support and I hope you enjoyed this chapter and story! Please give any feedback and suggestions, or even comment how you're liking the story so far! Thanks again! <3