The Sea Prince: Chapter 2

As the ship men plastered the decks with a thick substance from their dirty, overused, wool twisted mops, Pamella crept through the lower decks. She was far more familiar with the levels of the ship as she spent many years of her life planning her escape from the depths of her well known hell.

          "Have you finished with your inspections?" A security guard asked an average looking man that shook before him.

          "Y-y-yes, Mr. Rigs," The man had a stutter and looked ill, "We are set to c-c-close for the n-night,"

          The guard nodded his head towards the man and sent him on his way that lead to a hallway to darkness. A corridor where many of the ship men resided as their snores echoed endlessly. The guard then took an early shift to rest up which gave Pamella the green light to sneak out of the lower decks. 

          Let's see, the second level are more of the lower - middle class status, if I can make my way to the first deck and steal some clothes, my plan will be complete. Pamella smiled at the thought of her well thought out plan as she felt the flow of things come in to place. She was going to make a new status for herself and use it to travel endlessly for the rest of her life.

          The open, narrow stairs were crooked and bent from the residue carried from the ocean and the sailors footwear. The way up would be a challenging matter, but since she was light in weight, it was chance she was willing to take. She stealthy crouched towards the foot of the stairs to see a shimmering light above her. Making her step, the stair creaked sightly. Pamella froze in her tracks and looked around slowly for any unwanted movement.

          Her first step gave her a breath of relief as she could hear and feel her heart pounding rapidly. With no one to be seen in the darkness, she continued to pursue the light above her. She new she was close when the sound of laughter grew louder with each step. Almost there.

          "Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Pamella's heart stopped at the sound of the voice. 

          When she found the source of those words, she could only breathe again as the man ran past the entrance way that lead to the lower decks where she was exiting. She grasped her chest and continued towards the rusty  stained hallway where candles were dim lighted. It was mostly empty except for a few groups of men and flirty women socializing to pay their way up into a high status.  

          Pamella sneaked past a very active and distracted group that were discussing their person affairs and businesses, but it was nothing more than a back to back cycle of constant brag. The floors were roughly carpeted with a bland, dusty color of blue with no pattern or appeal. 

          "Oh, sorry, my poor boy," The large man with an extreme beer belly bumped into Pamella in a drunk state. He wreaked of alcohol and his eyes were blood shot red.

          "Let me help you, sir," Pamella had a change of plans, "Where is your room?" 

          He was very weak as he stumbled in place and tried to reach his arm out to point towards the door of his room. Pamella put his arm around her and was almost knocked out by the intense smell of his underarms. She endured the short trip to his room and knew she was safe from any of his lewd thoughts. 

          He grunted when she plopped him down onto his scratched, ripped up bed. It also wreaked of heavy amounts of alcohol and smoke that made her head begin to pound and throb. But she knew this was for the better of your life, so she endured it. 

          "Oh, your that lord from earlier," A woman slammed the door to the restroom open as she stared at Pamella with her eyes half way open, "I've always wanted to service a lord,"