The Sea Prince: Chapter 4

The crowd of people dispatched back to their original areas and continued to dance and sing their native tune. As they walked deeper into the hidden town, it almost appeared to be opening up the farther they went. The sky seemed clear with tints of orange as night was arriving. Pamella lost control in her mind as she became fascinated with the rarity of the materials used to build their foundation of living.

          "Please come in," The man released Pamella as he entered a mansion like building.

          The door was tall and elegant of glossy white with detailed designs of sapphire veins. When the doors opened, a bright light from within could be seen and as they stepped into the mansion, they saw beautiful women swinging from the ceiling wrapped into blue silk. In the center of the tall ceiling, there was a chandelier that caused the room to glisten.

          "Make yourself at home!" He spoke to them as one of his servants removed his jacket and threw it onto a coat rack, "You appear to be a long ways from home, please make yourself comfortable,"

          "Where are we?" Pamella started as she took a seat at a nearby table made of pure pearls.

          The booth felt designed to her body as she sat down feeling its soft material touch her skin. The tall man took a seat from across her and never took his eyes off her. She could sense that he seemed rather strange as she felt that he was touching her somehow even though he was not near her. So she leaned forward and looked towards the survivor that stood in shock as he observed the interior design of the mansion and its architecture.

          "We are home," He said wittingly.

          The servant from before arrived to the table and placed down two glasses of clear liquid and a tea glass. She noticed the condition of the servants skin was not normal, or rather, not human like. She felt a familiar chill caress the nerves within her body as her eyes met the swirling ocean blue eyes that sat in front of her.

          "Do you think this is a joke? We are stranded here! We need to get out of here," The survivor felt irritated as he witnessed the man staring at his possession, "Let's go, M'lady,"

          "Don't be so hasty," The man said calmly as he sipped the liquid from his tea glass and his lips curved upwards from the side. He opened his eyes and studied Pamella's reaction. She appeared to be calm and more amazed about her surrounding, but he could sense her comfort was far gone, "You don't know the lady's name, much less knowing yours, so what make's you a safer companion? Just relax and enjoy your stay here,"

          He stuttered to find the words, but failed to realize he had lost this battle. So he took a seat next to Pamella and sat as close as he could to her. The man from across began to feel slightly enraged from inside. Without showing it, he placed the tea glass down. Then the survivor placed his hand over Pamella's hand and she looked at him in shock.

          "We are to be married," He spoke directly as if he thought he was helping the situation.

          "Oh?" He confidently sipped his drink again causing the man next to Pamella to feel small, "What does the lady think of all this?"

          She grabbed a glass from the table, but before she could sip from the cup, her uninvited partner forced her to place the glass back down onto the table. Some of the liquid spilled onto the table. Pamella darted her eyes towards the man holding her hand and she quickly escaped his grasp.

          "I think you are both being unreasonable," Pamella stood up from her seat to get away from the possessive glares.

          As she dashed hastily away, she lost her footing and began to fall forward, but the mysterious prince caught her within seconds. As she looked into his eyes, flashbacks from the boat appeared and she could finally recognize his eyes. The feeling of his touch reminded her of the coldness she felt in the changing room. Her comfort levels were dropping fast as her cheeks became rosy red when he smirked at her deviously as if he could see through her. She hated it.