Chapter Six

Hey guys, sorry this took so long. I'm just busy with school and quiz bowl and drama club and SADD and brass and stuff. It's hard to be an overachieving sophomoron. (See what I did there?)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Six

          I woke up in a tangled mess of blankets and pillows, snuggled close against a warm body. I smiled, snuggling into the warmth. I fit so perfectly against him, and he wrapped his arms around me tighter, pulling me closer. I opened my eyes, realizing the warm body was Ackton. I tried pulling away, but he was stronger than I was.

          Wait, we must have fallen asleep watching the movie. Shit! It was probably past my curfew! Ben was pretty lenient, but he was going to kill me if I was late, especially since I was with a guy.

          “Ackton,” I whispered, and got no response.

          “Ackton,” I tried again, tapping him. He let out a husky grunt, and even I had to admit it was a little sexy.

          “Ackton,” I said.

          “What?” he garbled out.

          “Can you let go of me?” I asked softly.

          “Oh, yeah, sure,” he said, opening his eyes, and letting go of me, “I’m sorry.”

          “I have to go,” I said, getting up, “Ben’s going to kill me.”

          “I texted him, and told him you were staying the night, because you fell asleep and I didn’t want to wake you,” he said, handing me my phone.

          “And he was okay with it?” I asked.

          “Look at your messages,” he chuckled. Oh dear Lord, what did Ben say? I looked at my messages.

          Me:

          Hello, Ben, this is Ackton. Can Aimee spend the night? She fell asleep and I don’t want to wake her.

          Ben:

          Let me guess she’s laying on top of you, isn’t she?

          Me:

          Yeah…She’s quite adorable. Can she stay?

          Ben:

          Sure, but if she ends up pregnant, you do realize I’m going to chop your balls off, right?

          Me:

          I’ll expect it, thanks for the heads up. Thanks –A.

          I blushed, completely embarrassed by my sleeping habits and my brother. It was a wonder that Ackton didn’t ship me away for being weird.

          “Your brother is so protective,” Ackton said.

          “Yeah, he means well, though,” I said, looking at my phone again, jumping up when I saw the time. It was noon.

          “Shit!” I cursed.

          “What?” Ackton said, still tired and groggy.