Chapter 6

Recap: "Your beautiful Violet." Embry said rubbing my cheek with an affection in it unlike before. I smiled at him as we laid together in our peaceful bliss.

The smell of the lasagna in my nose as Embry sat next to me tempting me with it. "Like you asked I made you the lasagna extra cheesy and meaty the way you seem to like it." Embry said bending down to whisper in my ear as I opened an eye taking in the delicious lasagna right there and I smiled at him getting up and stretching.

"Thanks Embry." I told him taking the plate as he climbed over pulling me into his lap. "Did you eat?" I asked. 

"Yup, ate downstairs." Embry said grabbing the glass bottle of the artificial blood. He opened it and went to sipping it while I cut up the warm lasagna before leaning up and smiling at him.

 "Embry what does that taste like?" I asked. He looked at it and shrugged. 

"Like shit honestly." Embry said setting it down. "Artificial blood isn't that good. It's like. . . putting vegetables next to a plate of warm dessert. Like cake and things like that." Embry said.

I nodded. "How do you know what shit tastes like?" I asked. 

"It's a metaphor Violet, it's not good compared to fresh blood. Like tofu and meat. It's just not as good." Embry said and I nodded. "And it's worse when you're sitting right in my lap." Embry said kissing my neck. "Because honestly I'd rather shatter this bottle and see how you taste." Embry said before pulling back taking another sip. 

The very thought had my cheeks bright red as I cut up more of the lasagna. I looked back up at him with a smile.

Finishing my lasagna, I turned over to him still in his lap as he adjusted my legs on him. "So, what does blood taste like?" I asked. Embry watched.

 "Depends on the person. And what they eat. The sweeter the food they eat the sweeter the blood. And there is always a natural taste. Why so curious?" Embry asked holding my chin in his hand as I smiled at him. 

"Is it bad that I'm curious?" I asked and he shook his head.

 "No just curious on why you're interested." Embry said as I sat on him in the nightgown, he had put me in.

"Can I see your fangs?" I asked. He watched me and smiled shaking his head as the small noise that my enhanced hearing caught on a sign of the fangs coming out before he parted his mouth.

 "Happy?" Embry asked revealing the lengthened fangs where his canines had once been. Sharp. I had no idea how they even worked. I leaned forward touching his fang as he watched me. "You smell like sex, lasagna and me." Embry said making me blush just a bit at that. "It's sort of appealing." Embry said as I touched the tip right fang.

It was sharp definitely. Embry watched me raising an eyebrow before I pulled my finger away before he grabbed my hand. He licked my wrist with his eyes turning red before he smirked at me. 

"You know I can hear how fast your heartbeat is. Are you going to be one of those girls who get turned at the thought of being bitten? I didn't think you'd be considering that a wolf mauled you." Embry said as he pressed kisses right near the vein in my wrist before letting go with a smirk on his face as I straddled him.

I leaned forward and kissed him. "I never said I wanted you to bite me." I told him and he smiled.

 "You're acting like you want it though. I mean asking me all these questions, touching my fangs, it really seems like you want me to bite you." Embry said as I held onto his shirt.

 "It's called curiosity." I responded and he smiled. 

"I know baby, I'm just teasing you." Embry said as I hugged him once more. "Did you like the lasagna?" Embry asked his fangs retracting once more as he went back to his sweet self.