Chapter 15

Recap: "You are the only one besides the other one to stand up to him. . . but you won. You defeated him and that is all that matters to me. Say what you want about me and being related to him. But I came here for one reason." Bellatrix said. "Safety."

The human mind works in wondrous ways. Well, the mind in general of people with the functioning level of understanding good and wrong. When told yes and that you were doing good a chemical in your brain was released bringing in a good and pleasurable feeling to you.

When you were told no you could feel bad and humiliated, the human brain was winded to react to be told you were right, to feel good about it. 

When you think about it the human mind is wired to be a corrupt species fighting over things on who is wrong or right. It could take you a lifetime to realize this, but it took me less time when I realized I wasn't human anymore. But even then, we still displayed humanized habits. Bellatrix came here with the thought of safety on her mind. I had defeated her brother. Her alpha brother.

I could be the safe lining. That's what she saw in me. I was silent on the ride back with Embry. "Was I a bitch for thinking she was here for reasons to get to me?" I asked Embry.

 Embry glanced at me as he kept his hand on the wheel. 

"Of course, not Violet, you've been through a lot, if anything it's paranoia, you have this fear Amos is out to get you and is willing to go to extreme lengths to get to you after you ran him out of town. Which is fine." Embry told me.

"It's perfectly okay for you to think that. You're still adjusting to the new world you live in. Vampires are one thing, but moon-shifters are a whole new thing. He tried to kill you and bend you to his will. I promise you Violet, you weren't out of context to believe she was coming here because Amos sent her here. It's fine Violet, I promise you this." Embry had a smile of affection on his face as I returned it. 

"I'm sorry if I seemed selfish." I bit my lip red staining my cheeks at the thought. I didn't Embry to think less of me.

Embry kept me in his sight as he shook his head at me. And then he took a different turn. "Where are we going?" I asked. 

"My place, and Violet you're not selfish. You don't know what selfish is love, I'll show you selfish." Embry's words were a sultry promise as I froze under his heated gaze. He was going to show me selfish.

 I watched him silently as he focused back on the road and accelerated the car before I bit my lip. He was going to show me selfish. All I could do was sit back.

___

Embry's room was a beautiful and seductive place to be in. With a large bed done in red with roses on it and a bathroom done in black and red with tile so shiny that you could see your reflection in it. 

Embry was the definition of lust and sex come to life in the flesh. And when he shut the door to the room and let the low lights flicker, I knew how exactly selfish he was going to be tonight. One moment I was standing at the door the next Embry had me on his bed pinned beneath him.

Due to his vampire genes, he moved fast. Much faster than I did. And here I laid at the mercy of him yet again. I felt his hands creep to my cardigan I wore his hands threading into the fabric before he grabbed the hem. 

"Embry what are you d-" And then he tore it down the middle letting the now ripped cardigan join the floor. 

"I'll buy you a new one, I'm not in the mood to fight things to get off." And with that said I took my lingerie and the rest of my clothing off to prevent it from meeting the same fate as the cardigan.