Chapter 11

Recap: "This isn't the way to the houses." Patience said and Embry caught her gaze.

 "That's because we're not going there, we're going somewhere else." Embry said.

 "Where?" I inquired just as curious as Patience. 

"We are going to Raye's to find out what's going on."

Raye had showed me where he lived during our first training session. He rented a house out in the secluded country of Winterose far away from the city. 

The house was nestled in the woods more so than Victor's mom place. Reminding me of his moon-shifter nature and aggressive tendencies he could carry with him at times.

But Raye happened to be the only one with knowledge of moon-shifters, so it was natural we turned to him. Bellatrix she was a moon-shifter, and I knew it. My wolf knew it as well having sensed Bellatrix's wolf. 

But it was too close of a time to be a coincidence. Not that long ago Amos had been kicked out of here and now another moon-shifter had rolled into town and on top of that happened to have an eerie resemblance to Amos. From the white hair to the golden eyes. She looked like a female Amos.

And he had been run out of this town for going after us. And he had tried to kill Embry above all things, my boyfriend. My lover. And that was the final straw, even after he snapped my neck.

 Going after me and the other vampires was one thing but going after Embry was where Amos would regret everything. And he was chased out with the promise of death if he was too come back. But now someone who looked eerily like him had come into town. Bellatrix. And I had zero trust in her and what Serene and the rest excluding Embry, Patience, and Victor wanted.

It was crazy, they had fangs of course. Fangs meant to pierce skin for they could drink blood. A vampire's main source of nutrition. As seen many times. Embry was typically seen nursing a blood bottle. He always had them around.

 But despite that he told me he had fed off humans before mostly his girlfriends. But never had he fed from me. But the thought was still there. But they wanted to feed from Bellatrix, it was something that they did. Found humans to feed from and make a blood bag or someone to keep around to supply them with blood.

The thought of Bellatrix being one reminded me that Serene befriended me for the sole purpose of having them feed off me. The thought made me shiver. But Embry decided he wanted me to be his girlfriend.

 So, he technically saved me from getting fed from. Although with my wolf it wouldn't have ended well. But Bellatrix was one as well. And deep down I knew she wasn't just moving here because the town was interesting. She was here for something and I planned to find out what she was here for.

No matter the cost of finding out why she was here. . . I would find out. And right now, the three of us in Embry's car knew going to Raye would be the best option as of right now. He would know the most of what we would need to know. He had to know something. He had to know something since he was the closest to Amos. 

Amos had attacked him and his girlfriend which ended with him as a full moon-shifter capable of shifting whenever unlike me. I could only shift on full moons and if I were in danger once more, but it was pushing it.

And Raye made sure that I knew this. No shifting that's not on a full moon unless it's a dire emergency and so far, I haven't encountered one. 

"And it's this right and we'll be there." I told Embry who nodded as he drove down the road to the right before a log cabin pulled into view. And Raye happened to be outside chopping wood as Embry pulled in. His eyes flickered up as we pulled into his driveway and Embry put his car in park before we stepped out.