Chapter 16

Recap: His words showed the truth. He was the truth, he was safety. "No matter what comes, I'll be here Violet, I promise you this." Embry spoke his burnt amber eyes staring into mine as a smile crossed my face. "Thank you." I told him with a smile. And he returned it just as enthusiac.

When night fell once more I woke up to Embry rolled over in his sleep bare back exposed. Onyx was sleeping in his crate but opened his eyes when he saw me getting up. Grabbing a blanket I wrapped it around me before giving him his breakfast.

As I went to the dresser arms wrapped around me. "Hey doll. How does scrambled eggs and bacon sound for breakfast?" Embry asked his breath fanning around my ear. "Good, you should make some toast to go with." I told him and Embry smiled at me. "Will do love, get dressed and meet me downstairs baby." Embry said giving me a peck on the lips before he disappeared downstairs and I looked at Onyx. "Do you know how lucky I am to have that man as my boyfriend?" I asked Onyx as I took out some leggings and a cardigan.

"Like Onyx Embry is so caring. He cooks for me on the daily business and is always there to bring my bad moods up. He's so sweet." I told Onyx as he ate his meat. Once dressed I gave Onyx his fish oil capsule before going downstairs where Embry was in front of the stove at work. "Toast is in the toaster, would you mind buttering it for me when it pops out?" Embry asked gaze turning over to me. "Nope, I can do that." I told him and Embry smiled at me. "Thank you love." Embry said and I smiled at him.

When the toast popped out I went over and took it out and placed the slices of bread on plates and spread some butter over them with a bit of a smile on my face. The sizzling from the food and smell was great. Once the toast was butter I backed up as Embry set the food down. And he left a plate for Victor as well for when he woke up. "Come on doll." Embry said as we went back up to his room plates in hands. I smiled as I sat down between Embry's thighs.

"I put extra cheese in the scrambled eggs. I know how you love your cheese." Embry told me with a smile on his face. I leaned over and kissed him. "Thank you." I told him and Embry smiled as he brushed my hair behind my back. "No problem, I like the extra cheese as well so it's a win-win type of situation." Embry told me as we went to eating our breakfast and I smiled as I sat there savoring the taste of the food. It was good. Like always. Embry had some sort of magic touch when it came to food.

I sat happily between his thighs as we ended up in his bedroom and I ate the food. "It's good." I told him leaning my head against his shoulder as he smiled at me. "Glad you liked my choice of food." Embry said as we ate in bed today. I bit my lip. While eating my food my mind trailed to Bellatrix, she ended up giving me her number. "So do you think Bellatrix was born a moon shifter?" I asked Embry. "Most likely since Amon was." Embry spoke twirling some of my hair around his finger.

"So that means she knows things?" I asked and Embry nodded as he lowered his head to my neck. "You seem interested in her." Embry noted and I nodded at that. "Not really her, I don't know Bellatrix all that well to know if she really is a good person. I know from experience people that may seem good can be bad, golden apples full of rot." I told him and Embry smile and nodded at that. "But she is a moon-shifter so she most know somethings about being one. She could help Raye and I." I told him and Embry nodded.

"The better question of asking if she will but what will be the cost of it. If moon-shifters are related to werewolves, born ones no doubt share the traits of werewolves and only seeking things that benefit them. Amos showed very big traits of that. There is a chance Bellatrix could show similar traits." Embry reminded me and I bit my lip. "What do you think she could want?" I asked setting the empty plate down on his bed and Embry looked where Onyx sat. "What does a wolf crave?" Embry asked and I looked at him confused.