Old, Leather Book

Hi there! My name is Meiya. I am 18 years old and I'm an angel.

My life is pretty repetitive. My hands grasp an old, leather book flicking its pages whenever a new death is recorded. A bright glow of yellow shines through the book followed by a bell ringing and the: face, name, appearance of the human that has passed away. My job is to guide them to make sure their soul makes it to the pure sky. Did I forget to mention? Humans can't see me but I can see them. That's what I like about my job. It feels like a real-life K-drama. I LOVE K-DRAMAS. The emotions of humans and their behaviors really intrigue me.

**DING DONG**

------------------------------

name: Mark Wite

Age: 67

cause of death: stroke

---------------------------------

Immediately, my fingers irritably flick through the pages of the old, leather notebook to find Mark. After carefully processing the information about him I head towards his direction. 100 yards, oh not that far. The last one was 2349875 miles away -_-. At least angels are able to instantly travel to their chosen destination in a blink of an eye. Mark Wite was laying on his back with his mouth open wide and his eyes were white as snow. Already a crowd of thirty were around him. I pushed myself past them. Right next to him was a boy. An ordinary human boy. To me, he was different. Something about him made me blank out. Angels aren't supposed to love humans not even in dramas. His jet black hair was fluffy like a feather. His eyes were slightly upturned and hazel colored. His whole face was soft and gentle like a baby. Even his lips looked rosy pink and delicate. He was attempting to perform CPR to Mr. Wite.

Soon, a doctor squeezed through the crowd to help Mark. The boy undid his tie in exhaustion and sat back on the floor while talking in deep breathes. The doctor took over. After thirty minutes, both of them realized that they weren't helping. The boy's strong hands searched in his deep pockets to reveal his phone. Without a second thought, he dialed 911. The crowd put down their phones as they were filming the charming boy when he was performing CPR. His hands brushed his knees and he stood up tall. 180cm just like in k-dramas. I finally broke from my daydream and helped mark to escape his lifeless body.

"What I'm already dead?",sighed the old man.

"Unfortunately yes", I replied.

We exited the scene in peace. However, the dreamy boy ran into me. A sharp pain rushed through my body making me feel drowsy. What was happening? This isn't supposed to happen to angels...