Chapter 2

"This is pathetic," I said.

The blondie raised his eyebrows, "Excuse me red? Did you just call us pathetic?"

I rolled my eyes. This dude didn't really just talk back to me. I am thousands of levels higher than him and he dares to talk back?

"Adele. We shouldn't be fighting them. Remember?" Jonathan warned. I looked back at him and pouted. Why does he always have to get in the way? Especially when I'm at the good parts.

"Listen to your boyfriend red. I happen to be the best shadowhunter in New York. There are many shadowhunters here by the way." Blondie bragged.

I had enough. "First of all, my name is not red. It's Adele Ravefold. This is my brother, Christopher."

"Ohh. So you two have a siblings complex, huh?" Jace teased.

This was getting boring. And annoying. "Would you like to take me on, Blondie? Right here, right now. The loser has to do whatever the winner says."

Jonathan stepped up. "Adele. It isn't wise to d-"

"Look Chris. We were sent here to teach them a lesson. Not to hide every time we have to fight." I said.

Jon sighed. He knew he wouldn't be able to stop me. "Fine. But go easy, ok?"

"Fine," I say back. This wouldn't be as fun as I thought it would.

"She doesn't have to go easy on me. She'll lose! You want your little sister to lose that badly?" Jace teased.

I was about to throw a knife at him to shut his ugly mouth with Maryse interrupted us.

"I'm terribly sorry Miss and Mr Ravefold for my adoptive son's behaviour. Though please do not take this out on him. I know the Clave has sent you to help us, so would you beat common sense into these kids when you train them? It would be better if they actually learn something than my carpet getting all bloody."

Goldie and the twins stared at their mother. Maybe they've never felt betrayed before. Jonathan and me have felt lots of it. From all short of directions.

"B-but mom! How could you say that to your children?" Isabelle whined.

Normally, the children would expect a apologetic look front their mother, through this time, they got a pissed off look from her.

"Anyways, we would like to go to our rooms. After dinner, Adele and I will give you a run through of tomorrow. Today, you are still in charge. Tomorrow, we do it our way," Jonathan said. "Deal?"

"Yes, that is fine." Maryse replied. At least we weren't like some people who takes control over immediately. We were being generous.

"Also, we would like to cook our own dinner. No need for any takeout or you guys cooking," I said. I absolutely hate takeout or anything that I don't cook unless of course, it was my brother or father or mother's cooking. That I could deal with. Who knows if someone from the trio would put poison in our food?

"Oh. Well, umm. Of course. We were planing to get takeout either way. We don't need the kitchen." Maryse stuttered. She probably thought we were going to eat the same thing as them. As if.

"Well then. Do we just randomly choose our room?" I asked. They really didn't know how to treat their guests properly.

"I'll guide you to your rooms. There's two empty ones upstairs." Isabelle said.

"Thank you. Though we only need one room." Jonathan said.

Everyone raised an eyebrow. Red rosed to my cheeks. A second later, Jonathan realized what he had said and also blushed.