Chapter 13 - The Rake and A New Home

(Reader P.O.V)

I awoke to the sound of ragged breathing, but I could tell it wasn't human. I kept my eyes shut not wanting to deal with what I would see. The unknown creature breath swept over my face, making my nose scrunch automatically. A horrid stench had met my nose like a punch to the face. I sat up briskly pushing whatever was on me to the ground.

A roar and a tackle were sent towards me, luckily I dodged the beast with minimum effort. Finally getting a good look at what was before me I couldn't help but raise my eyebrows. An unknown monster stood before me. It was walking on four feet, had dried, grey skin, and claws. We locked eyes as I walked backward, trying to distance myself from it.

Suddenly, a rustle sounded in the bushes nearby causing both of us to jerk our heads towards that direction. The animal that stood near gazed intently at me before bounding into the bushes. I took this chance to leave and started hauling out of there faster than I expected to be.

(Time Skip to the afternoon 🔅 )

After my mad dash, I found a lone cottage fitting comfortably in the trees.

I crept up to the door cautiously, seeing a note on the door

I crept up to the door cautiously, seeing a note on the door. Once I got closer I started to read the handwritten note.

Dear anyone,

I am currently away for the following two months. If you need to reach me then you'll just have to wait. Thank you for understanding!

                                                                                        Sincerely, Martha Sterns

I managed to find an open window that I could fit through. After a quick sweep of the place, I crashed down on the couch. As I started to fall asleep a knock sounded at the front door.

I stood up alert seeing a familiar face peeking in from the window. It was the one and only-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLIFFHANGER!!! Hello Panda Family, first off I want to apologize for the short chapter. I just wanted to get out a chapter as soon as possible! Anyway, how has yall summer been treating you? Well, that's all from meh~ Don't forget to follow, like, and comment! Love ya guys! ~ Fandom 💋