Chapter 2

"I have to break up with you" said Ron at last.

Hermione first thought she heard him wrong, but after a few seconds passed she realized the meaning of his words.

"Why?" was all she could get out in a faint whisper.

"It's not your fault, really-"

"Don't tell me it's not my fault! I don't care about this bullshit, Ronald!" Hermione yelled. "What is it? Am I too boring? Do I work too much? Do I not give enough attention to your ego?" She was standing now and looked furious, strays of her frizzy hair poking out of her ponytail. "Because let me tell you something, I won't stop my job so you can have a petty housewife like your mother-"

"You know what? It is your fault after all! You're boring, wear hideous clothes like my aunt, and all you do is work, work and work! You didn't look at me for a week, how is that ok?" Ron was yelling too. "It was not my fault that I cheated on you, you deserved it and we don't belong together-"

"You what?" Hermione was wishpering again. She must've heard him wrong, this can't have happened. Ron looked at his shoes, realizing that he let it slip-he really didn't want to tell Hermione, yet alone hurt her so much. He was drunk, it wasn't really his fault. Shit, of course it was his fault, but his ego was just too big to admit it to himself. "Who?"

"Romilda Vane" Ron said and looked away. He wanted to do this the nice way, stay friends with Hermione and announce his relationship with Romilda afterwards.

"How long?" Hermione asked with teary eyes. She breathed, she wasn't going to cry. After all, she was trained not to show such emotions.

"A week. After you declined our date, I went into a bar, and- and got drunk... After that we started seeing each other-" Smack. Hermione slapped him right across his face.

"This is for cheating on me, and this" she slapped him again "is for shouting with me! " She was raising her voice and held up her hand to give him another slap, but then Ron caught her by her wrist.

"Mione-"

"Don't you dare to call me 'Mione'!" She shouted and slapped him with her other hand. "This is from stopping me from slapping you" She spat, collected her bag from the chair next to her and walked out of the café into the rain. Ron looked after her with fury in his eyes for several moments.

"Show's over!" He finally said after everyone's gaze in the café had turned to them. Feeling awkward, everybody turned back to doing what they were doing before and not paying any more attention to the redhead.

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

When Hermione arrived home Ginny was already sleeping in the guestroom. Not caring about her wet hair, she soon too fall asleep, thoughts about Ronald hunting her dreams.

"What time is it?" Asked Ginny when she walked into the kitchen yawning.

"10, and good morning to you too." Hermione forced a smile, and placed a plate in front of Ginny. "I made breakfast"

Ginny looked to her plate, and found some poorly cooked eggs, a roasted bacon and some unfresh salad on it. She sneered.

"Did you make this with magic or the muggle way?"

"The muggle way." Hermione was awful at cooking, baking, and doing literally anything in the kitchen, but making food in  the muggle way calmed her down. She was already up by 5, drank a coffee (or two), looked through the files of the missing wizards again, packed her luggage for New York and made -a horrible- breakfast for Ginny. She wasn't hungry.