Chapter 9

"Ron Weasley- no longer next to Hermione Granger

War hero Ron Weasley, Keeper at Chudley Cannons broke up with war heronie Hermione Granger, "The Brightest Witch of her Age". Who would've thought this power couple that seemed unseparatable during Hogwarts would break up just when everything was wonderful? But if there's paradise, there's trouble too. Hermione Granger is known to hang around different men at the same time, (throwback to 1994, when she was rumored to be dating Harry Potter, but had Viktor Krum around her finger too. However unsatisfying, the rumors were false, between her and the Chosen One was only friendship) but with this breakup the scenario is totally different: because Ron Weasley was seen with Romilda Vane at a Quidditch party. This we could just call a rebound for Ron after his unfortunate relationship with Hermione, but this is not the case. We know from reliable sources that Weasley cheated on Granger with Vane- but can we really blame him?
Seems like Weasley is very happy with his new girlfriend, who really enjoyed herself while snogging the famous Quidditch player. But, dear readers, if you think that's all, you're really wrong! Our photographer thought for a moment that Miss Vane had gained some extra weight, but it rather seems like she's showing a small baby bump... She sure didn't use any Disillusionment charms, let the world see that we might as well call her the new Mrs Weasley. What does Romilda Vane have that cut out Hermione Granger from the picture?"

That's it, that was all Hermione could read. She didn't need to check it to know who wrote the article; Rita Skeeter.

Shouldn't have let her out of that jar... She thought.

Hermione grabbed the paper and tore it to small pieces, throwing them into the rubbish bin. She was beyond furious, her insides were screaming, her stare could kill and her thoughts were clouded by her raving emotions.

Her heart was beating rapidly so she took deep breathes to calm herself down.

She thought she was over Ron. That she had moved on. She was in the USA, she thought she could get away from her past life, that it would be a distraction, but everywhere she went it all came back to her. She couldn't escape Ron Weasley's ghosts. Heartbreak wasn't really a familiar feeling to Hermione, not many blokes had the opportunity to claim her heart, yet alone break it. But most of her feelings didn't consist of sadness, rather anger.

Anger towards Ronald because he cheated on her. He cheated on her shamelessly, for weeks, or months, or who the hell knows for how much time. Anger towards Romilda Vane, because what did she have that Hermione didn't? Why was she any better? How could a simple and daft woman steal her boyfriend, her possible future away from her? It was like Lavender Brown all over again. And at last, anger towards herself, for letting Ron break her heart, for being oblivious to the screaming signs that showed Ron no longer adored her as his life long partner.

In her anger she didn't even realize she had left her flat and arrived to Central Park. People were happily talking, walking around, running, having picnics with their families or hanging out with their friends. Hermione sat down on a bench, and let the soft, cool breeze wash away her emotions. She closed her eyes, and in that moment, under the shadow of a tree, she realized that it wasn't romantic heartbreak that plagued her mind.