17

Dan's POV

It had been a few days since Ingrid woke up, today was the day where she could go back home. When I woke up that morning, I saw Phil running around the house like a mad man, even though Ingrid doesn't live here, Phil had got it in his head that Ingrid will be staying here with us for a few days, which she probably wouldn't because she has her own apartment and a job to do.

"Dan, thank GOD you're awake, I need help tidying up this place. IT'S-A MESS!!!"

"Phil?"

"Yeah," he said as I walked towards him and pushed the cushion down onto the sofa and made him sit down.

"We don't have enough time to just sit around, we need to tidy the place up"

"Phil, listen to me"

He turned around to look at me, "what?"

"Ingrid..."

"Ingrid what?"

"Ingrid and I are," I paused thinking if this was a good time to tell Phil about mine and Ingrid's relationship. Phil gestured to carry on.

"Never mind, you're right we need to tidy this place up its fifthly"

"Alright"

Phil and I stood up and went around the so-called fifthly apartment cleaning the floors, dusting every crack in every single room, we even re-arranged decorations in rooms that Ingrid probably doesn't care about.

*After About Three Hours*

"Wow, this place looks amazing!" Phil said with his arms crossed and looking over the entire living/dining room

"Yeah" I said sadly, knowing that we'll be seeing Ingrid soon and I wasn't ready to see her dead dark chocolate coloured eyes staring back at me, amongst her extremely pale skin with light brownish freckles clashing against her face, and her faded knotted blue hair falling to her elbows, and her lips, her small chapped plump pale red lips, not being able to kiss them with passion killed me every time I thought about it. I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder for support, so I looked over to see Phil's hand and then looked up to his droopy sleep-deprived eyes staring back at me.

"You alright?" he asked sleepily, I shook my head in response. Phil pulled me into a sympathy hug and told me "she'll be fine"

"What?" I asked as I pulled out of the hug

"You know, Ingrid will be fine, she'll get better and will remember more about you"

"She forgot me?"

"You didn't know?"

"No, I thought she remembered everyone"

"Well, the nurse said that she was talking to Ingrid about her love life and Ingrid said that she couldn't remember what any of her past relationships only what they had done to her. Oh, and she couldn't remember you either I guess"

"Oh," I said while I sat down on the floor, I heard Phil trying to make up a sentence, but I blocked out the sound and a voice from my past returned to me for the first time in years. The voice was kind of high pitched like it was a female's voice but also mixed with a male's voice.

I told you that she wouldn't remember you, she'll never remember you.

She's too good for you, she got what she wanted from you now you're in her past, well I guess you're in her lost memories never to be restored again.

"Dan are you okay?" Phil said the strange toned voice left my head and I returned to the present, I nodded in response not wanting to speak.

"Did you hear what I said?"

"About what?"

"Ingrid remembering you?"

"Can you repeat it"

"Fine" Phil said stubbornly.

"Ingrid will remember you......."

Once again Phil's voice faded, and the strangely toned voice returned.

Ingrid will never remember you, get that round your thick skull, you're worthless, you don't deserve her, and you never will.

The voice faded and Phil's voice returned.

"Dan?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you coming to pick Ingrid up from the hospital?"

"Yeah, I'll go and get changed, I'll be out in about a minute"

I rushed to my bedroom, so Phil couldn't talk to me, I walked over to my chest of drawers and opened the second drawer for t-shirts when suddenly a memory of Ingrid and me popped into my head.

Ingrid began to laugh.

"No, that never happened"

"It did ask Phil I don't lie about these things"

I could barely finish my sentence as Ingrid kissed me, then the memory faded and tears started filling my eyes, I wiped the tears off my face and quickly got changed.

*Time Skip*

We arrived at the hospital and were led to a waiting area in Ingrid's wing. As we waited for Ingrid, Phil spoke to reassure me that everything would be fine, I ignored him.

Ingrid walked up to us in a dark grey beach top, with a black leather jacket over it and high waisted black jeans with some black ankle boots. Her faded hair looked like it had been recently brushed and frizzy as if the hairbrush applied some friction to her hair while brushing all the knots out. Her pale skin looked healthier with the freckles looking more natural against her pale skin, her chocolate eyes looked more alive and her lips no longer looked as if the dry skin was painful.

"You ready?" Phil said taking Ingrid's bag from her arm, I expected Ingrid to either squeak or nod in response like she had been doing for the past few days, as her vocal cords got better. But instead, she spoke in a quite quiet voice.

"Yeah

~AmazingPhanda