19

Dan's POV

I walked up to Ingrid's apartment's door to check on her since she'd been sick of having Phil trailing around her, I knocked on the door, but after a few minutes no-one came to the door so I knocked again and once again no-one came to the door, so I tried the handle and of course it was locked so I searched in my pockets and found my keys, I pulled out my keys and I got the key to her apartment and unlocked the door to only find Ingrid lying on the floor eyes open, her chocolate brown eyes staring back at me with fresh tears in her eyes. She was curled up on the floor like she was just having a mental breakdown, her phone on the floor beside her facing up with my contact information up and ready to call.

What happened here? Was she attacked or was it just her mind playing tricks on her? I crouched down next to her petting her soft, silky blue hair. I've always loved the way her hair feels, I saw her dark chocolate brown eyes open then close, she tried to push herself up but failed, so she tried again and this time I wrapped my arms around her waist to help her up, once she was up, she grabbed her phone and pressed call. Once my phone went off, she jumped in surprise like she didn't know I was here.

"H-how did you get in?" she asked while searching around the apartment and not making eye contact with me

"You gave me a key a few months ago"

"Oh! I-umm don't remember that"

"Anyways are you-uhh alright? I came in and found you lying on the ground"

"Oh! You saw that yeah, I'm fine, I just got a shock while I was searching for your contact, I guess" Ingrid said while looking a bit awkward at the last part.

I stood up of the wooden floor to give her space, she reached out her hand to ask for help standing, I pulled her up gently and she walked over to the sofa and sat down I sat down next to her.

"How come you were gonna call me?" I asked because I truly didn't know why Ingrid would call me, since she could barely remember me after her coma.

"Oh! Right funny story, well maybe not that funny but I know the person who put me in a coma"

"WHAT!!! How the hell do you know that!?"

"You see over there in the kitchen, there's a picnic basket on the island right there" she said while pointing at the woven picnic basket with gingham fabric sticking out of the basket.

I noticed a piece of paper on the floor, "Hey, what does that note say?"

"Uhh, nothing important"

"You sure"

"Yeah"

I knew from the second she said yeah that she was lying, something was up, and I needed to find out.

"Soo, what's in the basket?"

"Bread"

"What kind?"

"Come have a look?"

Ingrid and I walked into her kitchen and opened the basket, but first I read the note left by the strange person.

Hey,

Sorry for making you fall into a comma, I didn't mean for you to fall onto your head.

Your mum is fine, your brother Phil, reassured her that nothing terrible happened.

I looked at her, but she was just staring in the basket, so I looked back and read the name at the bottom.

Luther.

P.S enjoy your bread :)

"WHO THE FUCK IS LUTHER!!!" I shouted out of pure anger

"DON'T READ THAT!!"

~AmazingPhanda