18 || Only Girl

One of these days you'd finally be able to process your emotions in a healthy way and stop trying to stuff your body with all the food you had in your refrigerator in an attempt to numb down your raging nerves.

But today wasn't going to be that day.

As you mindlessly reached for your fifth chocolate muffin that morning, your exhausted brain wanted nothing more than to escape this hurricane of thoughts. Waking up with a pounding headache in the back of your head had become more of a regular occurrence for you rather than an exception. The bitter taste of the shots you had gulped the previous night still hadn't left your mouth.

However, there was something else weighing you down that day, and it was something bigger than the familiar hangover you were enduring. It was the dreadful fact that you certainly had to talk to Taehyung today, no matter how much you wanted to just pack your bags and move to another country instead of having any kind of conversation with him.

As always, you were doing a brilliant job at handling your feelings.

He had texted you the previous night after you had gotten home, offering to come pick you up and take you to his place to 'talk'. You were completely aware that if you did go, there wouldn't be really any talking, at least not with your mouths. You wanted to confront him about the lipstick, but you were totally lost on how to even initiate that conversation. You hadn't known him long enough to act like a jealous wife, but he had made it clear that he wanted your arrangement to be exclusive. So why did you have the feeling he wasn't being completely honest with you?

Probably because you weren't either.

Which brought you to your other problem, Yoongi. The man was a complete mystery for you, just like Taehyung. You could never decipher his thoughts and feelings and yet, last night you were left with the impression that he looked almost apologetic for upsetting you. Was he starting to get attached to you? You hoped not, because that would just complicate things further for both of you.

Both men had run after you last night, sending you into a whirlwind of emotions. Surely, you knew Yoongi harbored guilt about what had happened at the theater, but what about Taehyung? He had gone all the way from his luxurious town area to search for you at the bar. You were instantly reminded of the first time you had skipped on him after your first night together, when he didn't even bother to call or text you. He seemed different now, it looked like you leaving his place like that had made a bigger impact on him than you thought it would. If he was seeing other women, why would he care about your feelings?

You so desperately needed time and space to think things through on your own, so going to Taehyung's place was definitely out of the question. Instead, you had told him that you wanted to talk with him today over a cup of coffee.

You realized you needed to have that conversation with him somewhere in public where he wouldn't be able to put his hands on you and take away every ounce of clarity you had in your restless mind. He had offered to see you in his office and you had agreed, thinking he probably wasn't going to try anything if there was even the slightest chance of a student or another professor walking in on you.

Or so you hoped.

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°

After your classes had ended, you had dragged yourself begrudgingly to Taehyung's office on the second floor. You didn't wait for a confirmation to enter after landing a light knock on the massive wooden door and instead burst in, your emotions running rampant and keeping you on edge.

His soft blond locks falling over his slightly frowned forehead, Taehyung was sitting behind a mahogany desk, writing something down in a leather notebook. There was a floor-to-ceiling bookshelf behind him, books leaning against each other in different directions, and a stack of paperwork laying on the surface of the desk.