Chapter Twenty

Thomas winced as he sewed his wounds shut, tears of pain stinging his eyes as he did. He wanted ever so much to ask Deceit for help, but he was currently unconscious. He treated Deceit's wounds before treating his own since Deceit was losing much more blood at a faster rate than Thomas was. Once Thomas was done treating his wounds, he quickly laid next to Deceit on the floor of his home. Thomas glanced at Deceit's pale face, tears swelling in his yellow eyes. He hugged Deceit's unconscious body tightly, bursting into tears.
         "P–Please....please, don't l–leave me," he begged, gripping Deceit's tattered shirt. He felt Nadia slither up his leg, her curling around his wrist.

                 Virgil sprung up in bed, screaming "NO!!" The scream caused Roman to jump awake, Virgil breaking into a cold sweat as he panted heavily. Roman sat up slowly, putting a hand on his shoulder. Virgil jumped, spinning around quickly. His eyes were full of pure fear, them swelling with tears. Before Roman could ask what was wrong, Virgil hugged him tightly and began to sob uncontrollably. Roman didn't say a word. He just began to shush Virgil and rub his back. Ever since the event had happened, Virgil had been having the same nightmares every night. It was starting to worry Roman.
                  "Shhh, it's okay Star. I got you," Roman whispered, kissing his head. "I'm right here. Nothing's gonna happen." Virgil nodded as Roman cupped his face, wiping his tears with the pads of his thumbs. He placed gentle kisses on Virgil's face, causing Virgil's loud sobs to turn into sniffles and quiet hiccups. Roman laid the last kiss on Virgil's lips, causing a small smile to form on Virgil's lips. Before Roman could pull away, Virgil wrapped his arms around his neck and pulled himself closer. Roman chuckled slightly, hugging his waist tightly. Virgil pulled away, nuzzling the Disney fanatic. Roman giggled as he laid back down, hugging Virgil with his wings.
               "Goodnight, Star," Roman whispered, kissing Virgil's head softly. Virgil hummed a goodnight before dozing off, Roman doing the same.