Chapter 13: Wanted Poster

- Agon -

I sit in the Alleyway. Filled with tossed away garbage and food, it stinks. The Alleyway is the last standing alley in the city Todcily. Todcily is an old city trashed and ruined beyond repair during some long forgotten battle. Today the only inhabitants here are alley cats. 

I study a wanted poster. It is of a greenish-brown dragon without wings or tail spikes. It says the dragon - Gon - is worth 20,000 gold pieces. I squint at the poster. It is in bad shape. As I look closer at it I realize that the dragon is actually a bright green color and the paper is only covered with dirt, a lot of dirt. I notice what looks like a faded 'A' in front of the 'gon'. 

This wanted poster is of me, I think. 

I hear an angry growl. A hiss. I feel sharp claws in my back. "You are in my land! You aren't wanted here! Leave!"

The voice comes from an obese female cat - wait she's not fat, but a future mother. No wonder she's so hostile

She digs her nails deeper into my skin. She is not going to let go. I turn my head towards her. I breathe in and breathe out deeply. Orange flames come out of my mouth and singe her fur. 

"Yow!" She screeches. She lunges away before I can inflict more damage. That is fine with me. 

I flee as fast as I can. I run towards Lua's house. Away from one terrible memory towards another.