ii

CHAPTER 2

"CHAN!" a voice screamed through rooms. "BANG CHAN!"

Bang Chan immediately looked up, without a warning. "Bang Chan", his full name, was what his mother would call him when he did 'something wrong'.

"BANG CHAN! COME HERE RIGHT NOW! EXPLAIN WHY YOU LEFT THE WATER RUNNING IN THE KITCHEN!"

"BANG CHAN! WHY ARE THE DISHES STILL IN THE SINK? THEY'RE NOT GOING TO CLEAN THEMSELVES!"

"BANG CHAN! I TOLD YOU TO CLEAN YOUR ROOM. HOW MANY TIMES MUST I SAY-"

Yup. It was another one of those days where he would get scolded again. Sighing, he walked out of his room and into the living room.

"What did i do wrong this time?" he tilted his head on his shoulder, preparing himself for another scolding.

"You'll be surprised." his mother replied back. Chan looked at her in confusion. She was acting really, really strangely today.

He was about to leave the room as his mother grabbed something behind her, and started flashing it in his face.

"Wh- What! Mum! Stop!" he squinted, blinded by the glare. He slowly opened his eyes to see his mum holding a camera in her hands, filming his reaction.

"Here," she smiled. "For you."

As a kid, Chan loved the posters of idols on his wall and started to develop interest in photography. He desperately wanted to get a camera, to capture his memories as he grew up.

"Mum..." he stuttered, in shock. He ran to give his mum a tight hug. "Thanks..."

His mum kept filming.

"Oi mum! Stop with the filming now!" he yelled, trying to hide his joy and enthusiasm in his stomach.

"What do you think?" his mum asked, continuing to film his reaction.

"I love it! Thank you mum~" he smiled at the camera.

"Is that all?" his mum raised a brow.

"Pfft..." he scoffed, still trying to hide his happiness. He faced the camera. "I love you mum, you're the best?"

His mum finally stopped filming and hugged her son and patted him on the back. "That's all i needed to hear."

"You can ask me anytime to say it," Chan chuckled.

"Don't use up all the film wastingly!" her strict-mode came back.

"Alright, i won't!" he reassured. "Delete that video though!"

END OF CHAPTER 2

A/N
TITLE CHANGE- "capsized" okeyyy so i thought about it and i realised if i put "SEWOL" as my title, i don't think anyone would want to read it because it seems they're too familiar with the story, so i changed it to capsized. this is based on a true story, but i want there to be memorable times.

so i guess i wanted this book to connect to family and loved ones, because you don't realise how much you love someone until they disappear so i wanted that kind-of-a connection between them. 

feel free to leave suggestions of any kind in the comments below! improvements can be added and please don't forget to vote and follow me! it only takes a second to make a life feel happier! 🤭💕