|| CHAPTER THREE || my particular brand of bullshit

L O U I S

'I can't believe it's in America. I can't believe he's American.' I seethed at the airport, watching as our luggage got towed away.

'I didn't think you had anything against Americans Lou?' Niall laughed.

'Not usually.' I said, before whispering to myself. 'Just this American.'

'So the weddings in two weeks?' Harry asked as we strolled out onto the tarmac. 'Why are we going now?'

'She wanted me there to help.' I sighed, watching as Niall jumped on Liams back, bringing him to the ground before sprinting off towards the plane, laughing uncontrollably.

'And we're going because ...'

'Because I need you guys.' I said. 'I need you to make sure that the double homicide I predict doesn't actually happen.'

'Double homicide?' Zayn asked.

'Me killing the American, then her killing me.' I answered, thinking it should have been quite obvious.

'So you've never met the guy?' Liam asked, dusting himself off from Nialls attack.

'Nope.'

'Well I did a little bit of research on him last night.' Harry started. 'And he is quite famous over there.'

'Don't get fame confused with infamy.' I grumbled. 'And I'm pretty sure he's only well known because his father owns most of upstate New York.'

Harry and Liam gave me questioning looks.

'You aren't the only ones with Google!'

'Boys!' Niall shouted from where he stood next to one of the air hostesses. 'Time to go! Get your arses on this plane.'

Walking up the stairs to the aircraft, I resisted the urge to turn around a run in the opposite direction.

Did I really want to go to America and see Lacey get married?

I already knew the answer to that question.

No. I really didn't.

Though the thought sounded horrible, I couldn't deny the fact that it was exactly how I felt.

She was too young and too talented to tie herself down to someone already.

Plopping down into the closest seat, I watched as Liam followed suit into the seat next to mine, the rest of the boys scattering themselves around us.

The cabin lights dimmed, signalling take off and soon enough most of the boys were drifting off to sleep.

Liam and I stayed awake though, we usually did. We were anxious flyers, never being able to sleep through take-off and landing.

'So tell me about her.' Liam said after a moment of fiddling with his phone.

'Who? Lacey?' I asked.

'Yeah.' He said. The way he asked, casually calm, let me know that he was more interested in the subject then he was letting on.

'Lacey is ... Lacey.' I grinned, knowing there was no other way to explain her. 'She's different mate. Different to any other girl I've ever met.'

He nodded, visibly processing my words. Liam loved to unpack everything everyone around him said. Unpack it, then sort and store it for later.

'I bought her book yesterday.' He said, pulling it out of his backpack. It was weird seeing the thing sitting in Liams hands, almost on its own level of strange.