|| CHAPTER SEVENTEEN || a twisted love story

L O U I S

The boy band member and the British author: A twisted love story?

Louis Tomlinson, 21, has been spotted out and about in New York over the past week, with his fellow band members and what appears to be an extra tag along?

Could this be the cheeky lad's newest flame?

Recently identified as Lacey Baker, 19, the author of 'If you knew', the highly acclaimed novel and Trans-Atlantic success that seems to be taking the world by storm.

The pair have reportedly been getting quite comfortable with one another... but unfortunately, I can adamantly report that it's nothing more than friendship.

With Baker set to marry business tycoon Elliot Denver, 20, and heir to Denver Cooperation, this coming weekend.

This seems to be the reason for One Direction's short holiday in New York, with the boys saying in a recent radio interview that the pair, Baker and Tomlinson, were enjoying spending some much needed time together before the wedding, as the last few years have been hectic for both of them.

The two have been spotted at dress fittings and florists, obviously gearing up for the big day.

With help from the other boys, it seems that the wedding is going off without a hitch.

Who knew that the boys of One Direction would be the perfect bridesmaids?

I sat scrolling through my phone, plugging into social media for the first time since I got here.

All the articles were harmless enough, throwing Lacey and I together as friends and nothing more.

But it was the title of this particular article that caught my eye.

A twisted love story?

If only they knew.

I kept reading it, over and over again, wanting something to jump out and grab me with both hands, telling me what to do.

The boys had suggested I read her book, but I didn't see how that would help in the slightest.

A soft knocking drew me out of my thoughts, making me lock my phone and dive back under the covers.

I didn't feel like talking to the boys this morning, I just wanted to be left with my thoughts.

Keeping my eyes closed, I heard my bedroom door open ever so slightly, the soft padding of feet making their way to my bed following.

Staying still, I resisted the urge to open my eyes.

'Louis?' A soft voice called. Lacey.

'Louis?' She said again, crawling onto the bed.

I felt her hover above me, the ends of her hair tickling my cheeks.

'You have to wake u-'

But her sentence was cut short as I grabbed her by the shoulders and rolled her over, proceeding to then lay on top of her.

'Argh! Tommo! You're heavy!' She breathed, swatting my back.

'Oh my God!' I said in a high pitched voice. 'Are you calling me fat?'

As I pretended to sob into her neck, I felt as the waves of laughter rolled through her chest.

'Yes.' She said simply. 'So get yo fat ass off of me.' She finished, trying to be gangster, which sounded dreadful in her British accent.